Bike cleaning - Snow foam

Been having a think lately about how I clean my bike(s) and am I doing it the best way.

This popped into my inbox a little while ago -

Chemical Guys Torq Snow Foam Blaster R1 Foam Gun – GetGeared.co.uk

Anyone use or used something similar? is this really as good as they make out?

side note, what does everyone else do to clean their bikes?

Too reassuringly expensive for my budget.

When I can be bothered, which isn’t to often, it’s a bucket, sponge and Turtle Wax’s wash and wax (follow the instructions on the bottle) use it for cars and mo’cycles. Finish off the mo’cycle with a goodly spray of Triple QX maintenance spray around any water sensitive parts, it displaces moisture as good as any other water dispersant.

1 Like

You clean your bike?

I use demon foam
I pour a little into a bucket of water and wash the bike
Wheels I use wonder wheels and a small pan sponge
Then spray the plastics with pledge
The rest get eitherWD40 or GT 85

Not convinced with snowfoam making a difference, but admittedly use it for the car especially when it’s been left for a while. It’s meant to dissolve grime and also lubricate to avoid scratching is the theory. Reality is it looks cool and gets into the hard to get to bits which is a win on the bike. If you have a pressure washer get an attachment and try the Autoglym Polar foam.

Otherwise two buckets wash, one with your shampoo of choice and one with clean water to rinse the wash mit/sponge. With the greasy grime and grit you get on a bike it stops the transfer. I do use Muc Off bike cleaner occasionally - often cheap in Aldi for the wheels/rear shock area. Wipe down with ACF50 the usual places after and on paintwork I highly recommend Turtle Wax Seal and Shine. Stuff is amazing on the bike and car, nice shiny finish after drying, water beads off and seems to make it less of a dirt magnet.

1 Like

Ooer… expensive toy…

Cleaning the bike is one of those "i really must clean it this week/month/year jobs…’

However, I’ve found Muc-Off to be very effective, wet the bike, spray it on, go and make a cup of tea, come back and rinse it off. If you’re feeling enthusiastic use a brush on it before hosing off. Then once it’s dry spray with Muc Off Bike Protect for a nice shiny finish.
Oh yeah and you can buy a Muc Off Concentrate to refill your spray bottle, much more economical.

1 Like

Whatever you choose, please make sure it’s environmentally friendly.

1 Like

Another vote for Muc Off

SDOC100 almost always