Best 125cc for fast 0-30mph

Awww I loved my GN125!! It was the first bike I wheelied! And it had a higher top speed than it’s Honda successor at 80mph! I used to beat all the big bikes off the line at the traffic lights and she never let me down! I miss her :crying:

You can have her back :slight_smile:

Joking aside, either there’s something not right about my bike, or my expectations from it are too high.

For anyone who is interested … I’ve just got back from meeting Sahar … the bike doesn’t pull very hard in first gear … but gets to 30 when you give it plenty of revs in 2nd then 3rd … compared to my YBR though … it felt like a struggle … and the brakes seemed a little hairy compared to what I’m used to :w00t: … but we established that 20 in 4th gear was because you need to really open the throttle to get anything out of it.

The bloke he bought the bike from had left it sat in the garage for a good while unused … could that have anything to do with it? Could a good thrashing along a dual carriageway do it some good?

Where’d you get it derestricted? I didn’t realise mine was restricted, that’s annoying. I didn’t have it long anyways so doesn’t matter, didn’t even get to the first service! :w00t::w00t:

i know its not a bike but a two stroke 125 scooter is fast to 30 mph… :w00t:

Honda NSR 125, wicked lil bike very reliable, made upto 2004 model year.

But almost impossible to derestrict… and expensive if you do.
Not like the old RD125LC - proper learner bike, that was :slight_smile:

If I had to have a 125 right now, it would have to be the Yamaha YZF125. It’s like an R6 in looks, not sure how it handles though but go test ride one :slight_smile:

Yes, lovely looking bike but not ideal for the vertically challenged :).

Mr _ C ; thanks for meeting me yesterday. Much appreciated.

Froggas moped wasn’t enough for you, now you want someone else’s to test ride… tut tut :hehe:

Haha can definitely agree with that, My learner bike was an RD125LC :slight_smile:

Could do, depends how many miles have been put on it since it was picked up, and has it had any form of service, a change of oil, clean of the carbs, chain and sprocket checking could get a little more out of that one…

2 stroke! mito tzr nsr rg rd etc etc

I ride a CBR 125 and I’m not small (6ft 12 Stones) and the CBR has always proven to pick up speed at the traffic light… From first gear I change the gear to second at 7500rpm.

The CBR is a nice and quick bike for the 4-T…

Even the Officer at bike safe “that bike quick”, but then again its got a Scorpion exhaust :D:D:D

A de-restricted Aprilia RS125 would be one to choose, especially with a 34mm carb installed.

Thanks folks for all your inputs. I’ve decided on sitting the DAS in a few weeks time.

As for the suzuki, Ive since given it a good thrashing and it seems to be riding better :slight_smile:

:stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

are you sure !!! dont red line it!!!!!! thats what your supposed to do to a stroker. i blew up my rs125 £600 later and it had a race bore in it then i bought a tasty arrow exhuast. it frightfully flew after that speedo went upto 130mph so id say it did 115-120 real speed.

i miss my aprilia

Seriously??? Can you get a Yamaha R125 de-restricted??? :blink:

my main bike is a 98 fazer 600 as I only passed full bike test in march this year.

I have a 2005 gn125 for commuting to and from work and have no problems getting away from traffic lights and up to 30 mph.

The bike is totally standard just serviced regularly.

It did have issues with bogging down as soon as you set off but i sprayed carb cleaner through the whole system and everything back to how it should be.

I do a 12 mile round trip to work and back and a tank of fuel lasts me almost 3 weeks.

Plus while using the suzuki my fazer stays clean.