BEFORE YOU GO TO BED TONIGHT..

I’d never be ‘fairly relaxed’ about security no matter how ‘secure’ i think my bike may be, If there’s someone who wants it they’ll chance an arm trying to get it!

Some good advice here, I guess the main thing is don’t become complacent when leaving it at home.

I always locked my bike up as much as I could when leaving it at work, but was more relaxed when I left it at home. Still kicking myself now for not locking it up more at home. :crying:

Big Dog…PaintBall gun…yesh…:smiley:

When I get a chance I plan to go through all the LB archives to create a spreadsheet of all instances where people have had bikes stolen, to see what lessons can be learnt.

For example - it may well be that there is not a single instance of a decent chain (eg an Almax) being cut, and all stolen bikes not being chained to anything. This would then help inform members when they decide their own security arrangements, and would provide a tool for those who do not have a garage/offroad option for parking and may wish to persuade their local authority to provide something to lock up to. If the police were to lend their support to any such request, it would surely be difficult for the council to say no.

This is if I ever get the time, so will probably never happen.

at work (bounds green) the bike is in the rear carpark of our office, CCTV covers the entrance.

at home I have it in the garage which is at the bottom of my garden. I have BB guns that can shoot that far from my window :wink:

TBH, if they steal my er5, I’m not that bothered. I would be crying in the feotal position if they took my push bikes in there though

i think it’s time for me to get a paint-ball gun…and a baseball bat and leave the bikes on the street one night in the residents bay and wait up wiv me fella taking 2hr shifts and if any1 came and touched our bikes…they’d get wot they deserve…:cool::hehe:

my paintball gun is only a spring loaded one…you wouldnt wann get shot with it tho, and it holds plenty of ammo!:smiley:

thats if fredrick dont tear’em apart first! half staff, half g.sheperd…hes a big boy!:smiley:

yeh my BF also has a staff, a lil cutey but would not want to get bitten by her…she destroys trees in a matter of minutes lol when she bites into summink it takes ages to let go:P

Hey ratty can I borrow your paint ball gun then? It aint me who’d get shot by it lol:P