Back to the warzone.....

Never saw this one happening in my Christal ball…really

After crashing a customers 2009 BMW 1 through her garage door up in the deepest region of Northan England I handed in my notice with my firm on Friday after 2.5years. The car was left in first gear without the handbrake on. I had been up since 4am doing a 18hr/550mile job for them so it was a simply mistake not check. I wasn’t in the car when I started it, but leaning in through the door with a hand on the clutch pedal to remove the interlock from the start button. I took my hand of the clutch, the car surged forwards through the aluminum garage door knocking me off my feet and smashing my temple on the dashboard. It knocked me on my arse with a stage of blurred vision, loss of balance and a nasty concussion.

Both my boss and line manager couldn’t give a t$$s that I had been injured so I left my notice with the report on his desk. There were other long term problems that led to this but this was the final straw…

I’m laughing about it now however…manically even. Onwards and upwards eh?.

Was thinking about going back to self employed and contracting for other firms but it’s just to risky with the rescission on.

Looks like I’m back to the circuit with LD Medical Couriers in a few weeks. Never thought I’d go back to the job but I must admit I’m chomping at the bit to get back into it. Searching for a late Red, Honda Dylan (SES-125-4) on low miles in good condition if anyone who knows someone he looking to get shot off?.

If you see one with sparks flying off the side stand round Marble Arch in a month or two, you’ll know it’s me :wink:

Question for the couriers on the forum…With he bus lanes opening to bikes, have you noticed your journey times dropping/wages going up?. I was pulling 550-600 a week back in 2004, just wondering if I can improve on that?.

big love all

Chaz

(I’m sure it’s only the old guard that will remember me. Done a lot of posts but have new account now to to tech error)

welcome back:)

I was recently laid off work, i been thinking about doing some courier work, but had LD medical couriering in mind, you have done it before, whats it like? hard work?

i havent done any couriering, kinda know my way round, would’nt be too hard to learn, would you be visting same places reguarly?

any help appreiciated dude:)

I’ve done the job for about 2/3 years in the past. It is as hard as you deal with it…if that makes sense??.
Expect 10hr days and little time for lunch if your on the right circuit. If you love riding though it’s all fun and games. On the plus side (if you live long enough) expect to hone your skills into a razor shaped blade of 6th sences and rapid cat like reactions. A bloke once told me you supposedly get the thousand yard stare after about 10 years in the job (an OAP in spatch terms :P). I don’t know if I believe him TBH.

A dream job for some…absolute madness to others. Try it…you might like it!.

[/quote]

I’ve done the job for about 2/3 years in the past. It is as hard as you deal with it…if that makes sense??.
Expect 10hr days and little time for lunch if your on the right circuit. If you love riding though it’s all fun and games. On the plus side (if you live long enough) expect to hone your skills into a razor shaped blade of 6th sences and rapid cat like reactions. A bloke once told me you supposedly get the thousand yard stare after about 10 years in the job (an OAP in spatch terms :P). I don’t know if I believe him TBH.

A dream job for some…absolute madness to others. Try it…you might like it!.
[/quote]

yeah kinda! 10hr days i can deal with, used to eating on the go, was in print for 12 years, no hour out of the building for me:D i do love riding…Gimme a T&G in town and it becomes fun…the only thing would be finding my way round, wich i dont think would take long.

what about a biek tho? use one of theres or buy my own? Dylans are good in town, see thats what your after.

hmm thousand yard stare huh…when i was in 'nam:D…

Chaz me ol mukka:D nice to see you still have the yearnings for your old mad lifestyle lol london just never was the same without the nutter on the dylan racing through the traffic!:stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Charly, good to hear from you again! Hear you on the stupid mistakes, it does happen, I lost my trucking job after leaving a 32 tonne rig in a car park with the parking brake open. It rolled away slowly and put a big dent into another lorry. The other driver was sleeping so you can imagine his shock and rude awakening! :w00t:

It was the same thing really, had been up since 5am, and at 10pm that day my concentration was just shot. I was just walking into the garage to get a cup of coffee… and when I came out, cup in hand, other drivers were running towards me like “Is that your lorry? The red one?” o.O

I wish I could go couriering, there is naff all work going here right now, and sitting on my ass is getting old. If it wasn’t for DIY projects on my bike and my computer, I’d go mad for sure.

So chin up mate, stuff happens, how’s the couriering these days? I do miss it sometimes… Never skimped on lunch by the way, you just gotta take that time, an army marches on its stomach, especially when it’s cold and wet.

Fugg Me Charlie!

That’s what I call Going out with a BANG!!!:w00t:

I know c0ck-all about Dylans or 'spatching.

Just wanna wish you luck mate;)

Charlie is legend, he drove me to my driving test on my old NTV :smiley: For that he deserves masses of Good Karma in any case!

And ohh… Charlie… how’s the distance work any chance of putting my Blackbird to work on Britain’s motorways? :wink:

Unlucky mate, that is a bad situation, but as one door closes another opens and all that…

Good luck with whatever you choose :slight_smile:

good to meet you the other day Charly while out on Ops in the warzone:D;)

slowly getting me self kitted out and organzied!

see ya round town fella:)

I know of a decent VFR 750 going quite cheap if you fancy it as a second choice.

Hello mate, i know of an 06 plate in red/maroon going if you’re interested? It’ll be dirt cheap as its not currently MOT’d or Taxed. There is some slight damage on it however - PM me if you’re interested / want me to put you in touch with the owner…