Autocom / Starcom

I’ve been using the Scala Rider G4 and find it a good bit of kit… Battery lasts more than a full day so all good. No wires and once set up everything auto connects. Job Done

Have used Autocom which is great but now have a Scarla G9 which is great. I would be happy with either. The G9 has more functionality most of which is not often used.

Riders who listen to music are a danger to themselves and others.

I even resist humming on a long rideout.

Ooooo contentions as ever, but I would tend to agree. I personally don’t like listening to music even when driving
a car as I find it distracting. I like to be able to hear what’s going on around me when on a bike, even on a long ride.
But I guess it is down to the rider, whether they can concentrate enough listening to music.

I am however considering getting this Albrecht helmet kit so as I can hear the SatNav on my phone, providing it
does not distract me too much :slight_smile:

Useful for sat nav

well one thing i do like on the Interfone system is that you control the volume how you want it, iots also speed aware and will quieten when needed, i can still hear whats going on around me.

Well I gave the Starcom a test by answering a call routed throw the Satnav and into the Starcom at 75mph. Came through crystal clear.

Excellent device and highly recommended.

Ah, but I only heard one out of every three of your words though :smiley:

That I think was a signal issue. I was stationary for that call, the call in question was from Simon and I was on the move at the time. :slight_smile:

Used the Scala Rider G4 from about 7.30 this morning til I got home at 5pm this evening, including listening to music constantly, music and sat nav all the way back from oxfordshire (about 1 hr 50 minutes) and a 10-15 minute conversation with Cheeky while she was riding her bike and I was on mine.

I can’t fault the system. Can’t say enough good things about it, and all I have to do is get off my bike, get on any other bike and I have exactly the same capability.

For a man with 3 bikes that is quite useful.

I even bought spare mounts so I could wear a variety of helmets without pissing about.

I’m heading over to france next month with a mate and was thinking about getting something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/TOTALDIGITALSTORES-MOTORCYCLE-MOTORBIKE-Motorbike-ACTIVATED/dp/B003QATNJU/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Don’t want to fork out for an autocom system as it’s not going to get a huge amount of use after this trip. My concern would be the speakers as I like to wear either earplugs or earphones under my lid due to wind noise. But I wonder whether I could solder some in ear earphones on to the cable instead of the speakers.

Any thoughts?