Asking the impossible, but...

Yes now pay attention to Mr Groovy Chris.

I’m not knocking scooter, I just don’t want one.

Actually yeah I am knocking scooters. They are for women with pink helmets and city men that ride around with a nice cuddly blanket over their knees.

I do South London to Slough on a Honda CBF1000. Not that great on the fuel but fulfills all your current requirements otherwise. Budget for a new rear shock and heavier fork oil.

Blackbird maybe?

I had a CBF 600. Not the slowest nor the quickest but pretty good on fuel. Good riding position, faired, abs and very reliable. Was (supposedly) good for 130mph.
I sold my 04 a few years ago for £1750 (i think) with less than 20k on the clock. A good workhorse.

I like!!! :wink:

Those kind of prices seem long-gone unfortunately :ermm: Sold my '02 Hornet back in 2007 for £2000. Seeing the prices they still go for now, I could have had some very cheap biking over the last 6 years if I’d hung onto it.

Cheers for the continual suggestions guys!

The pre-VTEC VFR keeps calling me, calling me! I just wonder what the petrol situation would be like…

I’m thinking 70miles a day, that’s 140miles in two days. A full tank costs what, £23 quid? Five days in the week, so 2 and a half fill-ups required… £60 a week in petrol costs?

Also need to consider tyre wear…350 miles a week, 1400 miles a month. New rubber every 4 months.

Blimey, this motorcycling business isn’t cheap is it!

Could go with something ultra-boring like a GPZ500, CB500, ER5… I doubt any of those could power heated gear though. I’m a massive fanny so I need to power heated gloves, vest, insoles etc…