Arse !

Don’t wish to be a prophet of doom, but I’m sure in the past I read somewhere on the ACPO website that 10%+2 was their recommendation of the level for the start of prosecutions and the margin allowed for speedo inaccuracy etc. was 10%+1, so you’d theoretically be OK up to 34 and in trouble at 35. That doesn’t affect the threshold the camera is set to, obviously, but flash doesn’t automatically mean NIP. Fingers crossed.

Flashed by camera in Limehouse link on way back from MCN do. Was over 30, but also car on my inside, and another bike quite close behind. Never heard a peep! Maybe couldn’t work out which vehicle was speeding, so didn’t prosecute any. If you do get notice - could argue that there are other vehicles in picture taken - how can they prove it was you that was speeding?

Just bide your time, I was told only about 50% of fixed camera incidents are prosecuted.

I reckon you be ok

I was behind ya Eric. I didn’t hear anything about it either, so fingers crossed for ya!

Cheers guys. We’ll see what happens and i’ll keep you posted.

Don’t they have 2 weeks in which to send you that nice letter…?

Yep, 14 days from the date of the “offence”

This is of course if they can prove “beyond all reasonable doubt” that it was in fact you that were riding said bike at the time? without a facial pic I can’t see how that works…? Perhaps someone with more knowledge on the subject can enlighten us? Touch wood I’ve never had any come back from a scamera… Although the one on the way to Waterloo with Chuffster last year that had both my tyres smoking would have been a nick if the camera had film… perhaps I was obscured? Well whatever it was I was bloody lucky

john that was a milkfloat passing ya

Gah, got zapped coming out of the tunnel eastbound this morning. First time I have been through there, was following a beautifull blue SV. I was being really carefull all the way through - 30mph, thought I was through it as I came to the end of the tunnel, checked satnav and BANG BANG two flashes. God damnit, I’m a concencious rider and hold 30’s and 40’s sacred most of the time.

I just lost an SP30 from 2005 in June (froma car) and then I go get I get TwatSO’ed on me bike. Hate those things. Note to self; go slower next time and dont accellerate out the tunnel. Now the long 14 day wait with fingers crossed… :frowning:

Its bloody annoying when you make a mistake and get nailed to the wall for it, whereas I am still waiting for the Old Bill to find all my belongings after some arse battered my front door down and stole all my stuff. Meh.

Motorists pay, Burglars get away…

i’ll ignore the fact that the original post is from April 07 and i’ll assume you’re talking about the limehouse link tunnel.the poxy thing is infamous for flashing right on the speed limit.

have been flashed twice over the years and luckily haven’t heard anymore of it.

the same goes with numerous other drivers/riders that i know.

fingers crossed you get the same result

Yeah sorry I searched the forum for Limehouse link and this popped up. Didnt notice the date.

Thanks for the happy thoughts fingers crossed :slight_smile:

I got flashed today at Ferry Lane in Tottenham - and I’m 95% sure I was going under 30, hope it was a **** up :ermm: