Anybody got targets for losing weight in a small time scale?

High protein no carbs, lose the weight with increased exercise

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3359710

Read that, and check out the linked videos at the beginning. I’ve been doing it for the last 6 weeks and have never felt better. I didn’t really have much to lose, but have lost about 4kgs and 3inches on my waist with a non-strict low-carb diet. I tend to hover around 30g Carbs a day, but anything upto about 50g will keep you in ketosis and utilising fat rather than storing it.

High carb diets only really work for exceptional circumstances, such as powerlifters and other athletes. Theres supposedly quite a movement in the marathon training toward ketogenic diets, as you don’t get the wall as you transition into ketosis during a race.

p.s I’d love somebody to challenge me on how natural this diet is compared to others :wink:

You can lose weight whilst eating anything, including Twinkies.

I’m not convinced that low carb diets are necessarily any better. The have short term weight loss advantages, but that’s largely due to the body holding onto less fluids. Over the medium to long term the results are the same.

There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of scientific evidence proving that meal frequency and timing makes much difference.

As posted above, I reckon that provided you’re eating a mixture of fresh foods, avoiding too much saturated fats or processed sugars, and meeting your body’s nutritional requirements, it doesn’t make that much difference what you eat. What’s important is how much you eat.

I agree with aiming to lose around 0.5 to 1 kg / 1 to 2 lb per week, but this needs to be through a combination of diet and exercise.

Alex, good luck with the lifting next weekend. Whereabouts is the meet being held?

Low carb has the advantage of never going hungry, you eat if you’re hungry and don’t really have to worry about counting anything apart from your carbs. You’re taking in a lot of cheeses and meats which are far more satiety inducing than carbs. Taking the other routes you’re far more likely to have to go hungry at points, which means (in my opinion) that you’ve a far greater chance of failure.

Also eating a pile of meat just feels right :cool:

If you’ve a lot to lose, I’d try it. I’d take a week or so to practice meals and cooking, because you’re limited to very few snacks and quick meals (i.e peparamis and cheese-strings…).

Oops, just saw this…it’s in Bracknell, ‘Main Hall 3M Hall and Forrest Suit Bracknell Leisure Centre’ apparently, Sat from 10AM

So Jewell…:laugh:

…How far you along fatty???

Subway for lunch too you fat porker! Your never gonna get slim. You better start ‘googling’ Gastric Band companies. Better hurry up and marry Jules as you aint never gonna get another woman with that bulge getting in the way :D:D:D

http://www.gastricbands.co.uk/

[quote]
LewisR6 (12/03/2011)

So Jewell…:laugh:

…How far you along fatty???

Subway for lunch too you fat porker! Your never gonna get slim. You better start ‘googling’ Gastric Band companies. Better hurry up and marry Jules as you aint never gonna get another woman with that bulge getting in the way :D:D:D

http://www.gastricbands.co.uk/[/quote] Lost 6kgs, blow me:):smiley:

[quote]
Jewell (12/03/2011)

on the 14th April! :cool:

Sounds like heaven:Wow: I wish I could fit big healthy lunch to my schedule. The first time I can eat properly is dinner (like 9pm)