Any one in or been in bands?

I see some of you are into music - is anyone playing in a band right now? Is your band worth going to see live?

Or if you have played in bands before, has bikes taken over from music as your biggest diversion?

That’s pretty much how it happened for me anyway!

I’m in a band! I’ve been a guitarist for about 15 years…

The first time I got on the bike, it took me right back to the first time I picked up a guitar. It gave me that exact same buzz - the thought of all the learning I had to do, and all the fun to be had along the way.

:slight_smile:

Nice one! I was in bands for years and I think it got to a point where the effort I was putting in didn’t give me the rewards I used to get…

What kind of stuff do you play? What’s your band?

Judging by his username he MUST be into Van Halen. Probably one of the most awsome bands of all time (& one of my faves !!). Extremely good taste dude !

Until i moved down from aylesbury just over a year ago i used to put on electric jam sessions in a local pub and regularly packed the place out with musos and punters.
I also played blues harmonica with various bands and fishface was gettin on stage doing rock and blues covers with us from the age of 9 ( electric lead guitar ), great times if i wasnt playin i was at a gig at least twice every week .

Just havn’t got into it again since we’ve been in london.

Until i moved down from aylesbury just over a year ago i used to put on electric jam sessions in a local pub and regularly packed the place out with musos and punters.
I also played blues harmonica with various bands and fishface was gettin on stage doing rock and blues covers with us from the age of 9 ( electric lead guitar ), great times if i wasnt playin i was at a gig at least twice every week .

Just havn’t got into it again since we’ve been in london.

lol yeh bikes have taken over from my guitar recently need to get back into it again , been playing since i was 8 lol
was in a band until not long ago ,but we all got lazy about it
gigging is definately the best part :stuck_out_tongue:

Van who? :hehe:

We’re actually in the studio at the moment with our new singer - I’ll post up a track when we’re done!

I wonder if we can get an LB band going? James Toseland could be our special guest star. :wink:

When I was in my teens I was in a death metal band called ‘Unburied’ - unfortunately I was the only member and could only do the vocals. Had a good logo though.

This post is useless without pics! :wink:

How good would it be to get an LB band together to do a set at some of our events?:wink:

Christ we’re talking years ago !! From what I remember it was like a mash up of the Cradle Of Filth and Deicide logos !

I’ve been playing bass (and a little guitar) in bands much of my life, but not anymore since about 2 years now.
To be honest, I can’t be bothered dragging stuff to and from rehearsal rooms and waiting around and nobody having cash to pay for the room and all that side of it.
I was playing/recording for a signed band for a little bit, which was very exciting until it went all tits up and we all got disillusioned with the entire music industry :wink:

I’d love a nice studio in the house though.

I started out on the bass guitar and have gone to front line instruments and back to rhythm section again.

[own trumpet blowing]
Played at the Jazz Café, Ronnie Scott’s and the opening of the Millennium Dome, but only in small outfits.
And played various carnavals in Brazil (the best gigs).
[/own trumpet blowing]

Been playing bass guitar 22 years, moved to London 1990 to join band, we gigged a lot and recorded several demos 1990-92 but I was kicked out as I couldn’t afford to give up my day job. Had 10 year sabbatical then joined blues/rock band based in camden town. That was great, did loads of gigs with them, even got paid for some. Unfortunately the drummer had to quit due to serious heart condition, replacement drummer got deported to South Africa.

Been looking for new band to join in Croydon but new work commitments as of next week might not make this possible.

Been playing guitar for about 23 years now, been in a good few bands at this stage! Haven’t done much since I moved out to Windsor, I’d be interested in an LB band though! :slight_smile:

Ok, if people are serious about an lb band send me a pm saying what you play,type of music , location and how far you would be willing to travel for rehearsals .
I don’t particularly want to be the organiser but dont mind gettin people together for a drink and chat initially to see if theres anything worth pursuing .
Not really bothered about playing myself but do have a drum kit,PA,16 track etc if its needed.
I guess everyone should be ok with some popular covers and jamming , at least to get started and take it from there .
Vocals and drummer needed by the look of things.

Ok, if people are serious about an lb band send me a pm saying what you play,type of music , location and how far you would be willing to travel for rehearsals .
I don’t particularly want to be the organiser but dont mind gettin people together for a drink and chat initially to see if theres anything worth pursuing .
Not really bothered about playing myself but do have a drum kit,PA,16 track etc if its needed.
I guess everyone should be ok with some popular covers and jamming , at least to get started and take it from there .
Vocals and drummer needed by the look of things.

i have been banned from the sydney arms in chislehurst (shite pub anyway)

What for?:slight_smile: