Another legend gone

Some of you may know the name but this is really for those of you in Kent who may have been or are members of the Kent Advanced Motorcycle group or like me had the good fortune to be trained professionally in Kent, but the legend that is/was Terry Friday (aka The Screaming skull) passed away on the 22nd of August.

Terry would put the fear of god into us mere mortals on the Police advanced bike course and was the only person I knew that could come alongside you on a left hand bend at 100 mph wagging his finger telling you how crap your positioning was :eusa_whistle: :shakehead:

He was the founder of the Kent Advanced motorcycle group and was instrumental in bring advanced rider training to the area, and away from the bike you could not have met a nice guy.

I was guest speaker at the group many years ago and who was sat in front of me but Terry. Suffice to say it was a late night because once I had given my presentation and taken questions we spent the next 2 hours chewing the fat

I know we lost another legend in Paul Bird today, but Terry Friday also fell into that legend category. RiP :frowning_face:

5 Likes

Didn’t know Terry, but sorry for your loss mate. Hopefully he went peacefully.

Heard about Paul Bird. So young!