All Weather Boots Recommendation

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sealskinz-mtb-mid-mid-socks-w-hydrostop-aw16/rp-prod152625
more reliably-waterproof than boots and they dry quicker (and it's easier to have two pairs in case that's not quick enough).
Big Red S
Or alternatively https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dexshell-DexShell-Wudhu-Waterproof-Socks/dp/B00OYTVYCG. I saw them at an exhibition the other week, and was suitably impressed. They had a tank of water, and were inviting people to put their hand in the sock and then put it in the tank

Had my Alpinestars Toucans for two years now. Picked them up for £200 online. Daily use, sturdy but comfortable and 100% waterproof. Would recommend.

I've been using the Alpinestars Waterproof SMX's Had 4, 5 and 6's. All been great, 100% waterproof and saved my ankle in a few offs. Generally pick 'um up second hand for about £50-60 and get a year or two out of them before the soles wear flat or right through. Only time I've had one leak was when I wore a hole through the sole. The key thing is to got for the WP Waterproof version which is a spot more than the normal version. 
Arfa
Same. Love my S-MX6s. Had them for about 2.5 years now and they're flawless.

Daytona’s all day long. Buy cheap buy twice.

bought two second hand pairs of Daytona’s GTX from fleabay, one pair was 40 quid (worn more than another pair) paid £70 for second pair. still trying to kill the £40 one. not looking after them, no polish or cleaning, nothing. Still alive, the second pair was not on my foot yet, and i have them for two years already…

I bought my Daytona roadstars at the 1995 NEC bike show for £180 & they’ve been used every winter since bar 2 when i couldn’t ride. For most of that time, my commute was 95 miles a day. They’re still waterproof even though I’ve hardly ever polished them. I reckon though that I’ll finally need to send them off to Daytona for a factory resole/refurb after this one.

Based on my prior experience, I was getting 3 years at most out of other boots, so not so much buy cheap buy twice but more like buy cheap buy six or seven times! :sunglasses: