Advice please on London-Paris on a 125?

If/when they do go - forget all the “reflective” this and that. In my experience the French police are looking for speeding bikers, not hassling people over minor technicalities and alike. Yeah they need to be legal (Licence / Insurance) and RAC cover would be sensible - but don’t be worrying over laws that are not policed.

my advice …dont do it

This weekend the weather is cold and raining and it will be miserable.

I did it years ago on an 1100 in June and it rained all the way and it was truly miserable

if i didnt have L plates im sure my varadero would do a trip to france no trouble

Hey mate, Great spirit but i must say with the weather the way it is i would not bother. there are loads of places in the UK closer and well worth going to. Im not sure about riding on L’s but a 125 would not be a problem but i would stick to the A and B roads.

Wales is fantastic why not do that instead.

Either way have fun!

As above L plates is a no no, if not then on a 125 is do-able just stick to smaller roads you’ll enjoy it a hell of a lot more

Subject to weather & license restrictions, no problem. I know people who’ve done london - Paris on single speed bicycles in a couple of days.

:laugh::laugh: yes he has

Yes, Joby, that’s what I told them: you’d better make sure you have some really good waterproofs (maybe all in one?)

Wow. On a CG?!

Thanks everyone for your awsome advice as always. :slight_smile: Didn’t know about the High Vis law in France etc. I forgot to mention that they do have their A2 license and no L plates, but little riding experience, certainly none outside of London.

@Bluelagos: that’s what I did mention: do something feasible in the UK, first. I didn’t even mention Newquay or Wales, I suggested Brighton, then see how you go.

Anyway, I’m relieved to see that they have decided to put it off for this weekend (having checked the forecast, Superoli), and I will pass on your good advice to them, for their future UK trip.

LStar, if they have never been as far as Brighton - then that would probably make an ideal first jaunt for them. But you have got to love their spirit of adventure.

I went to Italia 90 aged 20 - had never been outside UK on my own - just got a train and did it. Spent 3 weeks dodging hooligans / riot police / was tear gassed in Turin / riots in Pula / arrested in Bologna (and released - did nothing) / beaten up after one game / car crash in Sardinia - what a trip that was! Can’t believe it now :smiley: Didn’t even tell my mum I was going as I knew she’d worry too much :smiley: Sometimes we learn from out mistakes - we just hope they don’t leave us in too much **** at the time :w00t: (Like getting arrested in Bologna - did sfa - but wrong time wrong place)

My advice - encourage them to go for it - just make sure they get the basics right (All is legal) and then look forward to the photos and stories. Got to be better than having kids who just want to hang out in Maccie Ds or whatever the yoof do today. :slight_smile: