Advice on 1999 R1 instrument bulb replacement

Hi guys,

As you can see from the picture, my R1 RPM light bulb has gone and I looked it up, it uses conventional bulb and can be replace and I just want to see if any of you changed and how easy it is to do it yourself? just to let you guys know the most difficult thing I have done with bike is changing the battery on the scooter, so I am not a very handy or skillful man. If I decide to take it to someone and get it fixed, how much you guys reckon will cost me? I am in Islington and any idea where I can go?

Thanks

Its easy, you can do it 1 of 2 ways:

1. Take the screen off so you can see the back of the clocks, pull out the wire that is plugged in behind the RPM bit and swap the bulb over.

2. There should be 1 or 2 srews that you ca see on the front of the clocks, undo these & turn the clocks over and pull out the plugged in cable behind the RPM counter and swap the bulb over.

3-5 min job!

You’re kidding right? 3-5 minutes? Blimey, any time I’ve had to take off a screen on a bike, I’ve had to fiddle for 20 minutes with those annoying grubs that the screws go into.

It can be a fair bit fiddly unless the R1 uses different fixings that I don’t know about