ACU gold (still a sticker?)

Just bought a new lid and web description says ACU Gold approved but I can’t see the sticker… it’s been a few years, has it changed or is something wrong?

https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy/Bell-M5X-Daytona-Carbon-Helmet/18891.htm

I’d ask the question to the seller. Track day operators used to care about this sticker though a lot of them have relaxed the scrutineering of gear these days. Could it be some sort of EU stock?

Ask the seller, when I bought my last helmet it didn’t have a sticker on it, they gave it to me separately one asked

I had a Bell lid a while back with no gold sticker. Never worked it out, futured it wasn’t EU stock as it was cheap stock off Amazon. Definitely question it.

I recently bought a helmet from Helmet city. Guy behind the counter have checked for gold sticker on the helmet saying they get supplied these stickers and sometimes they forget to put them on.
My first ever helmet didn’t have the sticker on and when doing the full bike test my instructor checked inside the strap for ce marking.
My understanding is it’s only a sticker. Important bit is approval inside the helmet. Actually there are two: on the strap and under the inner.

ACU have helmets that they approve for racing & they thrn sell the stickers to companies in order to raise funds for bike racing. It’s nothing to do with the EU or EC standards.

I recently bought a helmet from Helmet city. Guy behind the counter have checked for gold sticker on the helmet saying they get supplied these stickers and sometimes they forget to put them on. My first ever helmet didn't have the sticker on and when doing the full bike test my instructor checked inside the strap for ce marking. My understanding is it's only a sticker. Important bit is approval inside the helmet. Actually there are two: on the strap and under the inner. Morty98

That sounds like BS to me, how are they gonna let the retailers stick a seal that means a standard of quality and safety themselves.? What prevents them from selling Chinese fakes and just adding the sticker?

CE it’s another seal of approval that authorises the product to be sold withing the European union borders. Something that soon this country won’t need to worry about. 

This being said, even seals and stickers can be faked. 

I called J&S and they were really helpful. Bell sent a batch of lids with no stickers in error and they stock them in store. Popped into the Eltham shop and they put one on for me.