A very stupid crash

Apologies to the rider who crashed into me whilst I attempted a very stupid move on Harrow Road yesterday afternoon. The strange thing is that I have been trying to get into this “mindfulness” type of thinking that helps you concentrate on the here and now, i.e. focusing on what’s happening rather than letting your mind go backwards and forwards. I’ve seen on recent posts, i.e. Sid Throttle mentioned meditating before attempting any bike work and the drill bit stuff (I have just bought 30 drill bits cos they do tend to break). There was an article somewhere which I found entertaining: http://www.btinternet.com/~jhpart/spann.htm

However, due to a temporary fix to a broken clutch cable, I was late to be somewhere and completely lost concentration. How stupid I felt. I’m going to try to learn from this… apologies again to the other rider (who might even be member on here?). I was lucky to come away with a scratch on my leg and no damage to my bike, other than a non-functioning neutral indicator light, which I can live with.

I know what you mean about strange forces - my recent Kawasaki rebuild has been to motorcycle mechanics what Spinal tap was to heavy metal music. . . :smiley:

p.s. everyone makes mistakes like your accident above - to err is to be human. :slight_smile:

Have you heard about or seen that film about the Canadian band Anvil? It’s BETTER than Spinal Tap! If you’ve ever been in a touring band you will know exactly how true life on the road can be if you are on a budget…

i think mine is worse lol i dunno wtf happened when i hit the curb! i am still trying to work it out!!!:hehe: as i was no were near the curb Ive tried to think but seem to have no memory off it…:blink: but that night could off been the end for me if i went thou that shop window it was very close! arg…

The strange thing is that I have been trying to get into this “mindfulness” type of thinking that helps you concentrate on the here and now, i.e. focusing on what’s happening rather than letting your mind go backwards and forwards.

Sorry to hear the bad experience - hope you put it behind you.

I had a **** day riding today. A fookin 4x4 pulled out in front of me doing a right hand turn onto a main road. He had no intention of stopping and was going to pull out whatever happened. Another fookin’ car stopped half way across the stop line peeking into the straight road I was travelling on. Another barbie bi*ch did a right hand turn in front of me as I was filtering gently - she was looking the other way and I felt my tyres screech to a halt. A fugly white van blocked me for half a mile and the poor fat geezer inside was genuinely trying to help me by moving into the gutter to let me filter past, but there just wasn’t enough room up against the on-coming traffic.

Being mindful isn’t enough these days. It just leads to contemplation of the imminent afterlife! :w00t:

Mindfulness and road awareness are two different things. Practicing mindfulness on the road, runs into mindlessness. Road awareness and the art of ‘AOTN’ is the new mindfulness: :Anticipation of the Numptie’ :frowning: