A total bike newbie

Hi there, 

Just got my licence in January after riding round on a 125cc for an entire month before deciding to upgrade. I only passed my driving test a few months before so I’m at a bit of a loss for places to actually ride to or anyone to ride with. At the moment I spend a lot of time with my nose pressed against the window waiting for the weather to clear up. When it does I hop along the a12 to Epping then take the longest possible route home. Some lovely chap on a GSXR at the petrol station recommend I join up here to get ride ideas and advice.   

Deb

Attachments

Welcome Debs.

I love the bike.

Welcome to LBrs and welcome to the wonderful world of riding which will change your life forever.

Congrats on passing your test and getting your big bike. It’s a goodun you’ve got there.

Everything you need to know can be learned from this site and the loonies that frequent it.

Your best start is to attend the weekly LB meet at Borough Market on a Wednesday evening.

Ask as many questions as you like mate.

*Correction. Lady

@eezie 

Thanks! Borough market is pretty easy for me to get to so I’ll definitely be down one dry evening. 

I’m pretty sure mate is gender neutral and therefore is an appropriate choice :wink:

Welcome Debs

I feel a TOWiE coming on, there’s a few of us on the A12

Quite a few of us frequent Epping tea hut, I’m often there during working hours :innocent:

Quite a few of us frequent Epping tea hut, I'm often there during working hours 😇 Curtis
I tend to be there earlish weekend mornings just as they open. When the
weather improves I'll be more than happy to skive off work and head out
for a ride. Passing my test in January has been a painful lesson in
paitence!

Welcome Debs
I feel a TOWiE coming on, there's a few of us on the A12
National Treasure
Sounds good! 

Welcome Debs.
I love the bike.
Michael748
Thanks, I'm really enjoying riding her.

I’ll be looking to upgrade the exhausts as soon as I can decide on the new ones. 

Hello and welcome! 

Thanks for the compliment (I’m the “lovely” chap that suggested you join :slight_smile:

I’m sure the weather will get better soon and I hope to see you on one of the ride-outs when it gets warmer!

Hello and welcome! 
Thanks for the compliment (I'm the "lovely" chap that suggested you join :)
I'm sure the weather will get better soon and I hope to see you on one of the ride-outs when it gets warmer!
Cypher
Hi!

Thanks for your help yesterday. I’d like to assure you my bike is much cleaner today than it was yesterday. I saw the look of faint horror on your face :wink:

Did your wife enjoy the ride?

Attachments

Glad to help! Trust me, I didn’t even see any dirt on your bike. Mine has been covered in stains and mud for the last few months so I’m probably just used to it :slight_smile:

I didn’t get to take my wife out yesterday (my friend who promised to lend me a helmet wasn’t at home) but we did go out today and had a nice ride that ended up with rain and hail and us getting soaked. She enjoyed it though, which is all that matters…

Welcome.

If it’s a 2013 696 i know someone with a set or Terminionlli’s sitting around that they be be willing to sell

Welcome to the mad house.:0

Welcome, great to have another Monster riding girl here, I have a 695, it’s lots of fun!

Welcome, great to have another Monster riding girl here, I have a 695, it's lots of fun! UrsaMonster
Thanks!

I am really enjoying it. It’s such a light and easy bike to ride it’s really helping me build my confidence on the roads.

Well we haven’t scared her away…she must be ok(or have a good sense of humour) :slight_smile:

Welcome Flow :wink:

Howdy Deb’s,

Welcome aboard. There are some great people on here.

And a terrific cat too. Ignore the dog though, he can’t even talk, let alone type.