600cc sports into ford transit connect/vw caddy

I’d note that moving a bike around in a confined space is an absolute ball ache. I’ve been keeping my bike in the hallway in my current place and I have to position it so it’s parallel with the wall. The first time I was really pleased with myself for being able to do it but now it’s just hassle.

I have a vivaro sportive. Beautiful to drive. Mine is a 61 plate though. They are the most car like to drive out of all the vans :slight_smile:

VW Transporter is the only van I’d buy

Be careful with your speed limits. Some of the ‘car derived vans’ are still vans, and so still subject to the lower speed limits, so it doesn’t really matter whether you’re driving a small van or a car plus trailer. Apart from the whole ‘what else are you going to use the van for, and you can get a decent trailer for £300’ factor.

Kendall Cars (http://www.kendallcars.com/) have cheap vans for hire and their service is really good. Maybe see how many hires you could get for what you are intending to spend on a van and weigh up the costs.

Racing season is only half the year right? And there is no tax, insurance or servicing with a hire van, just gas and go. You can return a Kendall van any time even if you get back at 3am after a race meet and you won’t get charged an extra day.

Check this one out, Jumbo Transit Extended, http://www.kendallcars.com/vehicles/jumbo-transit/ from £65 per day.

^
good link definatley the cheapest prices i have seen just a shame they are all to far from me I’m nw london ,just missed out on 2 vivaro today they seem to sell pretty quick,if i don’t find a van on sat or sun will just end up hiring one as the track day i want to do is the 16 aug.

actually opted for zipvan.co.uk can’t really beat the convenience of it ,petrol a little expensive though but seen as there is one parked up 1.2 miles form my house it all seems good.

Re zip van have you looked at the milage allowance on it and how much per mile after that

Is mileage included?

Reservations include 60 free miles per day. So if you reserve for an hour, you get 60 miles. If you reserve for a day, you get 60 miles. Mileage above and beyond the 60 free miles is charged a per mile fee. See details. For reservations that exceed 24 hours, you get 10 miles for each additional hour up to a maximum of 60 miles per day. So a 26-hour reservation would include 80 miles (60 miles for the first 24 hours + 20 for the additional 2 hours). A two-day reservation would include 120 miles (2 days x 60 miles). Make sense?

Easy2 - well this one obviously loves the bike more…apart from letting it get wet… :ermm:

yep its 25 p a mile ,so i need to do a 190mile round trip its gonna cost me 40 quid in fuel i know in my car i can do a 190 mile trip for 30 quid thats why i say its a little expensive but the convenience of being able to pick up the van any time compensates this,have one booked from 10 pm next sat until 10 pm sun ,you can also cancel or amend it free of charge up to 24 hours before free of charge.
if i compare it to the other nearest place to me to rent from they wanted 124 quid to hire the van and you still have to pay your petrol ,with the zip van only costing 105 for the hire it works out ok.