3rd Party Insurance Contact ?

The wife had someone hit her car while she was parked last Friday, all details were exchanged and the other part admitted full liability 

at the road side. Just received a call from their Ins Co Saga saying that they admit full liability and want to do the repairs on the car 

without informing our Ins Co. When asked why they said to cut out the middle man! Is this normal practice 

Has this earlier on in the year when I had a none fault accident… don’t know how common it is… part of their tactic es to convince me how quickly they could get things done and that I should get insured with them next time.  

I’d get them to fully confirm that in writing before you capitalize on it.  Making sure that they guarantee their work too.  And have them supply a replacement car whilst the work is being done, that way, they’ll want to get the car repaired quickly, else it’ll build up further costs for them.

Make sure that the work has been completed before you release the replacement car.  I had a similar issue a few years ago, when my car was damaged whilst unattended in a car park.  Work was very poor, and it had to be redone, twice.

I'd get them to fully confirm that in writing before you capitalize on it.  Making sure that they guarantee their work too.  And have them supply a replacement car whilst the work is being done, that way, they'll want to get the car repaired quickly, else it'll build up further costs for them.
Make sure that the work has been completed before you release the replacement car.  I had a similar issue a few years ago, when my car was damaged whilst unattended in a car park.  Work was very poor, and it had to be redone, twice.
Aceman
This. Similar happened to me and got my car repaired fully comp by the 3rd party insurer, my insurer never knew about it 

You’ll need to contact your insurer anyway as it’ll almost certainly be a condition of your policy. So discuss it with them.

I dealt directly with the third party insurance when my bike was knocked over. As Pat says, since their insurer is involved, you will have to contact your insurance company. In my case, mine were happy to let me deal with it directly and involve them if I needed.

However, rather than using their repairers I provided a bill from a reputable repair company (3rd party insurance agreed to this). The shop helped immensely by providing the quotes and invoices directly to that company and carried our repairs well. I was reticent in using their providers as I would always have doubt that the quality of the work would not be dictated by saving their partnered insurance money

Thanks for your comments, will contact our Ins Co and see what they say.

It’s common practice for a lot of insurers now. In order to help reduce costs/delays that they deal with direct. At work we give a contact number for the third party to contact directly to deal with the claim

Something to do with all parties having a responsibility to do all steps necessary to help reduce costs