2007 VW Golf GT170 - Amazing Car

Genuine reason for sale of my beloved VW Golf GT 170 in Metallic Silver. A stunning example of a automotive genius! I will be sorry to see it go, but due to nearly being killed on my bike I’ve decided to sell the car to fund a nicer bike - if someone in a car is going to kill me, I want to do it in style :cool: I used my bike for commuting so the car hardly ever gets used, so sale is to buy new bike and a little run around.

Very low mileage for this type of car (36,626), with me being the second owner. I have only done 8300 miles in the car since owning it, 90% of which are motor-way miles, so limited wear and tear for sure! Taxed & Tested Until March 2012 - Excellent condition through out. Sailed through MOT on Monday. Must be seen to be appreciated. Lovely alloys with top of the range tyres with lots of life left in (Pirelli P Zero (back) and Michellin Pilot Sport (front). Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Folding rear seats, Lumbar support, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Side airbags, Radio/CD, Rear headrests, Sports seats, Traction control, Body coloured bumpers, Cloth seat trim, Electric door mirrors, Front electric windows, Front fog lights, Heated door mirrors, Height adjustable drivers seat, Isofix child seat anchor points, Rear electric windows, Rear wiper, Steering wheel rake adjustment, Trip computer, Service indicator, Solid Paint, Alarm, Space saver spare wheel, 3x3 point rear seat belts, Drivers airbag, Front head restraints, PAS, Remote central locking, Steering wheel reach adjustment. Car is currently paid for on finance, but sale will easily clear the remainder making it HPI clear. Must be seen to be appreciated.

The car is advertised on pistonheads and autotrader, but thought I’d post it up here too. Volkswagen said I should sell it for £12,500 (a family member works there), but I’d led it go for £12,250 ono. Hope someone is interested! Would make an amazing family car, which can also be a lot of fun - with excellent fuel consumption - which is needed due to the current price of fuel!!

I have plenty of photos available, so send me a pm if you’re interested and I can send them through, just don’t want to clog everything up on here!!

Thanks for reading,
Steve

Attachments

It`s a Golf.:doze:

Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it!! Really is a bloody good car!

I had 2 of them 170s and an R32. Love the golfs. Last was a 170tdi 57 with 24,000 miles on, MINT and that only went for £10k cos we sold to a dealer, could’ve got about £11,5 if we waited but the chance of our car came up and we had to get it there and then.

Now got and Audi A5 quattro sport,3l tdi, fully loaded. Given up on bikes, can’t have the fun I used to have. :frowning:

the 170 golfs are nice, sounds a good buy. You may as well put 1 picture of it up? so people know what wheels, colour look like etc

Updated with photo, cheers Leon. Definitely love this car and will be sorry to see it go. Hoping to sell super soon though; after almost being killed on the bike realised theres more to life so hoping to fund a trip with the Missus so need to cash!!

Ive got the 2 door 1.9 turbo deisel…

i love my car;)

smiled.

Unfortunately this car is no longer offered for sale…

It’s just been stolen!

So I am now without my: motorbike = written off
car = stolen

I am so pi$$ed off right now its unreal.
To anyone else selling a car; if a young black male turns up with a white chavvy girl and ask to see all the paperwork for the car. Go in to get the details and then call the Police.

I could cry…

OMG - sorry to hear! What a nasty scam. Did they hotwire the car while it was open, or did they persuade you to leave the keys somehow?

Hope you get your car/isurance, and they get caught the scum.

Cheers mate. What a sh!t time I’m having of late! Bike insurance claim is going to go on forever too as the guy still hasn’t reported the collision and his insurance can’t track him down to speak to as he’s covered via fleet insurance! It never rains but it pours.

I dont know how they did it exactly, cloning the key or having one made from all the details on the V5. I also think they might have swapped the spare key on the key fob with another stolen key that they had, but no proof as can’t test it on car and can’t touch it as police want to fingerprint it.

If they did swap it they only touched it for a matter of seconds to check that it worked. In this time must have slipped the key off the keyring and replaced. Just awful really as I was using my master key with my house keys to lock the car before going into the flat otherwise I’d have known. They knew what they were doing as they were insistent that they saw all paperwork and the spare key so they knew it was all legit. Utter ar$eholes…