1997 Piaggio Vespa ET4 125cc - Newbie Questions

Hi all.

New to this forum and scooters in general so apologies if my questions are posted in the wrong place or have already been answered elsewhere. It’s been a steep learning curve for me already and I hope to get up to speed in double quick time.

I picked up a 1997 Piaggio Vespa ET4 125cc at the weekend at a bargain price knowing that the master key was not present. Guy I picked it up off didn’t seem to know his arse from his elbow really but at the price it was going for I was happy to take a chance on the machine.

Anyhow - now I’ve been running it a couple of days I have a couple of minor concerns. The first surrounding the missing master key doesn’t bother me too much, unless I lose the one key I do currently have, and has been addressed on another thread in the same forum. Might have to take the £200 hit to replace barrels and CDI which considering purchase price doesn’t hurt too much.

Secondly - how do I know whether this scooter has an immobiliser at all? I don’t see any flashing lights anywhere on the dash to warn of an active immobiliser. Do they come as standard on this model and if so could it have been bypassed in the past? Finally the scooter is a bit hit and miss when it comes to starting up. Always turns over but sometimes doesn’t fire. I find that switching ignition back to central position then to the right again eventually resolves this and when it does start up it starts up at the slightest button press. Again I’m confused as to what could be the cause of this intermittent issue and whether it could possibly be immobiliser related.

Thanks to anyone who can offer a newbie some help!!