You can now get speeding tickets from europe

As I’ve found out with my brother (not avi) getting one from Ireland, only fines no points though.

When was he caught? Fixed camera? Fine? Speed?

Can’t remember exactly when, a few months ago
Fixed camera
And I’ll ask the others

That’s been the case for a while in Ireland, not sure it necessarily translates to the rest of Europe.

You will also get fined for driving on the M50 toll and not paying. It’s so close to the border that the toll would be pretty redundant if you could drive for free on NI / UK plates.

That's been the case for a while in Ireland, not sure it necessarily translates to the rest of Europe. monkimark
Yes it does apply to the rest of Europe and has done for some time.

??

The M50 is the Dublin ring road & over 50 miles from the border.

Not sure why it should be OK for UK vehicles not to have to pay a toll to use it when the locals do? Wouldn’t that be like saying that cars with non-UK plates shouldn’t need to pay to use the Dartford crossing?

Obviously it’s not ok but people assume that they won’t get fined because their car has foreign plates. Then they are surprised when the letter arrives at their UK address. Ok 50 miles isn’t that close to the border but it’s where you start to see more NI number plates if you are travelling north.

Obviously it's not ok but people assume that they won't get fined because their car has foreign plates. 
Joby
foreign registered cars form lots of "European" countries have been getting away with it in the uk for ages 

In France naughty boys get their toys confiscated on top of the hefty fine, ask our Westie

You will also get fined for driving on the M50 toll and not paying.
You won't get fined. The DVLA will share your details and eFlow will send you a nice letter requesting payment, in a threatening way. I've ignored plenty, never heard from them again.

That's been the case for a while in Ireland, not sure it necessarily translates to the rest of Europe. monkimark
Yes it does apply to the rest of Europe and has done for some time.
T.C
From last May I think TC.   But I have heard of no-one who has received a ticket from a fixed point camera in mainland Europe, which lends to the view that they are not bothering (even though they technically can) with chasing up via the DVLA to issue tickets.  

Got flashed twice in Zurich last August not heard anything . Anyone know more on this as as l thought the issue was the owner not the driver was receiving the fine so they were not sharing owners info

Apparently the Dartford Crossing (French owned) have been passing on contact details …or so I’ve been told??

No doubt there’s some joint Police/EU sharing agreement though.

Don’t fuck with the Swiss plod man! You’re going down Des, long stretch too. And with your good looks, shower time ain’t gonna be fun :slight_smile:

You should stop hanging out in dodgy toilets :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Apparently the Dartford Crossing (French owned) have been passing on contact details ....or so I've been told?? No doubt there's some joint Police/EU sharing agreement though.
ScottyUK
Dartford crossing admitted to being owed 6.5m from overseas drivers 

Apparently the Dartford Crossing (French owned) have been passing on contact details ....or so I've been told?? No doubt there's some joint Police/EU sharing agreement though.
ScottyUK
This would contravene the EU and Global data protection regulations, unless they have clearly stated and you agreed the company can use your information for that purpose.

Got flashed twice in Zurich last August not heard anything . Anyone know more on this as as l thought the issue was the owner not the driver was receiving the fine so they were not sharing owners info
brains_t
If the same vehicle would go back to that country and be seen then the cops will not be polite about it. 

I got a speeding ticket last month for speeding in Spain on way to Aragon in November.
50 quid if paid in 30 days I did,
Lots of people giving it large, don’t pay, it’s all bollox etc, I go back a lot and don’t want the hassle.