Yeading Lane (UB4) speed camera

Is anyone aware if it’s fully operational? It does seem to flash, but is that all it does?

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

As it’s right outside of the school there, I wouldn’t ever take the risk with that one. Have you been pulling wheelies to impress the skool kids?

Have you been pulling wheelies to impress the skool kids? Janey
Only the pretty ones :(

Nah, it was in the middle of the night. And I went maybe 35 (it’s a 30 zone), so was a bit unexpected.

35 on a Suzuki speedo is around 31

35 on a Suzuki speedo is around 31 Wise
Well, it might've been 36... point five...

yes, it works and i’ve seen it flash not even 2 weeks ago

yes, it works and i've seen it flash not even 2 weeks ago CBR500R commuter
Sadly, I have seen the flash in person, but that does not necessarily mean that the camera is operational.

Less flashing outside schools please

Less flashing outside schools please yourebarred
You're no fun.

Contacted the met police division responsible for speed cameras in London. It would seem I have nothing outstanding against me.

Cor you’re brave -isnt that like owning up before you even got told off???

(Well evaded though) :slight_smile:

Cor you're brave -isnt that like owning up before you even got told off????

(Well evaded though) :slight_smile:

Jetstream

Cheers ;) Well, I didn’t exactly own up. It was more like, “I believe I was going at the speed limit but got flashed anyway, could you please check for me”.

The main reason I contacted them really is because I just moved to that area (hence my obliviousness to all the speed limits/cams, not that this excuses me), and I haven’t changed my V5 to the new address yet. So, if a fine did in fact come, I would have had to rely on my previous landlord to inform me in a timely manner or risk even bigger problems.