Yamaha Super Tenere

The new Super Tenere is the new R1 of the adventure world. Why? because alot of the tech from the sports bike has been transfered to it.

Most importantly the crossplane crankshaft. The R1s crossplane crank minimises inertial torque and allows to make the most of the available torgue.

So putting that engine in the Super Tenere, should allow the full use of the 110bhp and 84lb/ft whether on dirt, sand or road.

The new adv bike also has three modes of traction control. Unline the ABS this can be turned off.
This seems abit odd as Yamaha seem serious about it off road capabilities, giving it spoked 19-inch front wheel and a 17-inch rear.

It does look good tho :wink:

Specs:

ENGINE
Type: Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, inline 2-cylinder, 4-valve, fuel injected, twin spark engine
Displacement: 1199cc
Bore x stroke: 98 x 79.5 mm
Compression ratio: 11.0:1
Firing intervals: 270- and 450-degree points
Max. Power: 80.9kW (110PS) @7,250rpm
Max. Torque: 114.1 Nm (11.6kgf・m) @6,000 rpm
Lubrication system: Dry sump
Fuel supply system: Fuel Injection
Clutch type: Wet, multiple-disc diaphragm spring
Ignition system: Twin spark
Starter system: Electric
Transmission system: Constant mesh, 6-speed
Final transmission: Shaft
Throttle system: Yamaha Chip-Controlled Throttle (YCC-T)
Yamaha D-MODE: 2 modes, Sport (S) and Touring (T)
Traction control: 3 modes, TCS1, TCS2 and OFF
Exhaust System: 2-into-1

CHASSIS
Frame: Steel tube backbone
Front suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork, 43 mm inner tube, adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping
Front wheel travel: 190 mm
Rear suspension: Monoshock, adjustable preload and rebound damping
Rear wheel travel: 190 mm
Front brake: Hydraulic Twin 310 mm wave discs, ABS/Unified Brake System
Rear brake: Hydraulic Single 282 mm wave disc
Front tyre: 110/80/19
Rear tyre: 150/70/17

DIMENSIONS
Overall length: 2,250 mm
Overall width: 980 mm
Overall height: 1,410 mm
Seat height: Adjustable 845-870 mm
Wheelbase: 1,540 mm
Min. ground clearance: 205 mm
Wet weight: 261 kg (includes full oil and fuel tank):
Fuel capacity: 23 litres
Oil capacity: 4.2 litres

https://www.youtube.com/v/CxK677pPCcA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&

Attachments

Super_Tenere_1.jpg

Super_Tenere_2.jpg

Super_Tenere_3.jpg

Super_Tenere_5.jpg

Super_Tenere_4.jpg

Super_Tenere_6.jpg

Super_Tenere_7.jpg

Super_Tenere_8.jpg

******, it is an a larger version of the TDM900 engine!!! In fact on Yamaha’s website you can find the 270° crank information on pages for the TDM and Tenere.

R1 Tech indeed!

so actually the R1 is a sporty TDM!! LOL :smiley:

Yep you’ve got it mate! :D:cool:

So the Tenere has a 2 cylinder IL engine and last time I looked, the R1 has an IL 4.

Hmmmm not much similarity there then. :slight_smile:

they said that the crossplane crank is the same not the number of cylinders :stuck_out_tongue:

The TDM is an inline twin with a 270° crank, which not normal most inline twins have a common crank and hence parallel twin. The cross plane jobby on the inline 4 R1 engine does a similar thing. Just makes different spread of torque and power, and delivers it in a slightly different manner.

Gentlemen,

if you don’t mind me interrupting, amidst the discussions about cranks
and TDMs etc, they key point I heard is that fully loaded it will be more £
than the bench mark GS, I don’t think as technically advanced else where as the New Ducati that is the new bench mark for adventure, and I here there won’t be any in showrooms to testride (similar to the vmax cash down first please!!!)… I have to say it looks great but I can’t see it selling well and really missed it’s impact on the market by being overshadowed by the Italians…