Yamaha MT-10 specs released

Power 158.2bhp @ 11,500rpm

Torque 81.86ftlb @ 9000rpm

Seat height 825mm

Weight 210kg

Price £9999

Availability May 2016

for comparison:  BMW’s S1000R (£10,350), Kawasaki’s Z1000 (£9899), Suzuki’s GSX-S1000 (£9599), and Triumph’s new Speed Triple S (£10,200).

Don’t touch the Triumph.  Far too unreliable.  

Hey, do you guys know how many warrantly claims I had on my 2013 Daytona within the 24 months I owned it?  [Waiting for a tidal wave of responses…]

Tbh, I’d probably take the BMW. There’s basically nothing between them in terms of price, and I’ve only heard good about it.

MT-10 at the London bike show

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

Make sure you test ride them all. While you can’t knock how fast and capable the BMW is, I personally think the Speed Triple gives more of a involving ride.

No please do enlighten us

Aceman - you had trouble with your triumph?

Make sure you test ride them all. While you can’t knock how fast and capable the BMW is, I personally think the Speed Triple gives more of a involving slide.

nivag
Fixed that for you...

None of them compare to a 2008 tuono

Except a packet of haribos and a reach around

Tbh, I'd probably take the BMW. There's basically nothing between them in terms of price, and I've only heard good about it. Von

I have one- it is ridiculously good fun.

The Yamaha looks even more like a transformer than the S1000R.

I do like the look of the Yam

Ohhh yeah! 18 warranty issues in 24 months. Bought as an ex-demonstrator from Palmers aka Herts Triumph, and fully serviced by them.

Torque seems a little on the low side @ 9000rpm - would rather a hooligan like the Speed Triple.

I love the look of these.

@Aceman do tell us more😜