Yamaha is recalling every single 2015 YZF-R1 and YZF-R1M

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2015/december/recall-yamaha-2015-yzf-r1-and-yzf-r1m/

Yamaha is recalling every single 2015 YZF-R1 and YZF-R1M sold so far
to replace the gearbox following a number of failures on the new model.

News of a recall affecting bikes in North America and Canada emerged a
few weeks ago but this is the first time it’s been confirmed UK bikes
are also involved. This is the second recall affecting the higher
specification R1M version as a fault with the electronically controlled
Ohlins rear shock saw these bikes taken off the road earlier this year.
American owners are being advised not to ride their bikes yet there is
no such instruction for UK owners.

Yamaha UK has started the process of contacting owners to explain
their bikes are in need of work to replace the gearbox. MCN understands
there have been a small number of second gear ratio failures on racing
and trackbikes under extreme load and with mistimed gearchanges. These
failures have lead to the gearboxes seizing.

MCN understands the work to replace the gearboxes of the affected
bike is extremely in-depth and will need the entire engine removed from
the frame, the engine cases split apart and the gearbox replaced before
being reinstalled. Yamaha UKL hasn’t explained what is happening in
detail but Yamaha USA has sent out letters with a lot more detail of the
problem and the work to be done to the bikes. The US letter states: “In
affected motorcycles, both second gear wheel and pinion gears in the
transmission may break as a result of extremely high stress and/or
improper shifting. This is due to inadequate component strength and
stress concentration at the gear teeth bottom land. In addition, the
third and fourth wheel gears may be deformed or break as a result of
excessive stress caused by hard usage. This is due to inadequate
component strength. If gears fail, the transmission could lock up,
causing loss of control that could result in a crash with injury or
death.

What Yamaha and your dealer will do:

To correct this defect, your authorized Yamaha dealer will replace
the transmission assembly with one that includes gears of a different
design. The procedure takes almost 16 hours to do but be aware that your
Yamaha dealer may need to keep your motorcycle longer depending upon
their current service schedule. There will be no charge to you for this
procedure.”

Assuming workshop costs are estimated to be a conservative and low
£60 per hour this equates to almost £1000 in labour costs per bike. That
doesn’t take into account the cost of the new gearbox and all of the
consumables like engine oil, coolant and gaskets that will be needed to
complete the job.

Oh dear.

what a shame they don’t have cassette gearboxes like the RSV4, would make it a lot faster!

What would be more worrying is the spanner monkey who’s is going to split your engine down for the rebuild
Would they still have to warrant the work for that

i bet they’re gonna go cheap after this :smiley:

As an owner - I m less than impressed about this- it’s been brewing for a few weeks now , it all originated in the states, waiting for my recall letter now.
Considering my options…think a rejection of my bike is in the offing.

someone in the usa did the sums and has figured the cost of this will wipe out any profit that Yamaha made on the bike. 

I bet anyone trying to sell a used one is gonna really struggle now as tge recall could take months to get in place, the master cylinder recall on my GSXR was nothing compared to this and I had to wait 3 weeks as they had to get confirmation from suzuki it was part of the recall then I had to wait for the parts to arrive from suzuki then arrange a time they could fit it in!

It’s no different to fair few s1000s that went pop at the beginning or aprillia chocolate gearboxes. Aslong as its warrantied it won’t affect the market too much.
I will likely swap to an 2016 r1m if I reject my bike.

I wouldn’t buy one without the work being done, wouldn’t want to ride it hard in case the gearbox went. So if I were in a position to buy one now (God how I wish I could buy one) I think I would only go for one with the warranty work done.

Any that are for sale currently will most likely not have had the work done as yet…first couple of customer bikes are being worked on now and replacements parts are on the way for most people ( me included)
I took my bike for an ‘airing’ this morning and it didn’t cross my mind once tbh.

Oh thats good then, yamaha uk are obviously better than suzuki uk :slight_smile:

Very jealous if you do get a 2016 R1M!!

I m in 2 minds about all of it tbh, part of me is pissed that Yamaha brought a bike to market with issues - another part of me thinks they have been proactive about it and admitting the problem , remedying it etc- should I spend 15k on a bike and expect these problems though…?!.
As I said I took my bike out this morning and was grinning from ear to ear…will look at what it ll cost to get the M and see what’s what. Likely I ll end up with one - stick it in the lounge as a centre piece :wink:

Lol. Beats a TV

Now just need to get the missus to greenlight it…should be fine…:grin:

double post

So anyone hoping for any work to be done for them by a Yamaha dealership in the next few months had probably better book it quicksmart.

I m in 2 minds about all of it tbh, part of me is pissed that Yamaha brought a bike to market with issues - another part of me thinks they have been proactive about it and admitting the problem , remedying it etc- should I spend 15k on a bike and expect these problems though...?!. As I said I took my bike out this morning and was grinning from ear to ear....will look at what it ll cost to get the M and see what's what. Likely I ll end up with one - stick it in the lounge as a centre piece 😉 Firo
It's not *un*surprising for a first model, really.  All the testing in the world still doesn't quite emulate what a few thousand real-world idiots are going to do. And it's quite possible to just get that bit wrong. 

What’s most annoying here isn’t that it breaks so much as how far into the bike the problem is; I don’t think Yamaha are being particularly more proactive than the law requires they be, but that’s not really a bad thing either.

I agree I shouldn’t be surprised , it’s always the same with new models seen it before in plenty of other bikes, manufacturers expect and insure themselves against such eventualities.

I m glad I m not first in line at the dealers to get it done…:grin:

“Never be an early adopter” so the saying goes!

Mate of mine had a new S1000rr. Took it in for the first service to be told that they (the factory)  had forgotten to apply locking compound to the con rod bolts and the engine would have to be completely stripped down and rebuilt.

He asked for his money back - they said no.

Solicitors got involved and they (the dealer) bought the bike back at the full price paid.

If I had one of these affected bikes I would be pushing for nothing less than a full refund.

Modern engines are built to extremely tight tolerances in the factory mostly by robots.

Having seen some dealerships perform even a first service - no way would I be letting them strip the whole engine down and replace my gearbox on my machine.

I would even be dubious if they suggested the factory was to carry out the work.

The only thing I might accept would be a complete replacement factory engine and gearbox unit. Even then I would be weary.

Maybe get together with other disgruntled owners (R1 Forum members) and start a Class Action now allowed in the uk under The Consumer Rights Act 2015 by involving a Class Action Solicitor?