Would you buy this Bike???

This bike has 8k in 10 years and only about 500 of those in the last 5 years, i think it worked out around 34 miles in the last 3 years

Enough to go to and from an mot station

the mileage wouldnt bother me either. i bought mine at 30k. as much as i know the bike i still walked out with warped discs, but it was a private seller so no coming back.

the no was purely on the repair job without history. if it wasnt for that, i’d say go for it as you’re covered with the 3 months warranty from the dealer if something goes wrong with the bike you can get your money back.

Think of it another way you buy it with minimal miles use it for two years and still get to sell it with average miles and shouldn’t lose a great deal.

What about the issues of it being off the road so long and the 5 year gap since the last service? I’d feel terrible if I told Toony to buy it and he bought into problems

You went for a perfect bike, 8,500 miles on the clock, 2 owners from new and full service history and all for only £3,299.

It wasn’t perfect, not fully described with gaps in history and questions so you walked away.

Good call, if you were a “wheeler dealer” mechanic, able to spot a bargain or room to negotiate a bargain there may have been something in it for you but reviewing for a friend - no way did it meet expectation.

I wouldn’t have. Information was clearly lacking, the price wasn’t bite your hand off great and its not exactly a rare bike.

first of all the price is way too much… and second did you check the MOT’s online? back mileage up…

No I looked at the mot certificates he had in his possession.

dont mean **** mate easy to fake… i always check online

i know this as bought a bike to break which was ‘low mileage’ really clean ran good and mots to back it up

done online check after purchased had done ridicules mileage lose a few hundred on that as could not charge top money for a engine with that mileage…

Ok. Cheers

I’ve Spoke to Toony and i think a lot of my Questions have been answered on here (Cheers)

I’ve said to him to call them and say he wants the bike and will pay the asking price but he wants the following done.

Full Service- Oil, Oil Filter, Air filter, Spark Plugs, Engine Coolant replaced, Brake Fluid Replaced, Chain cleaned and tensionedCheck the Tyre Age and if older than 5 Years change tyresPlastic Trim under nose cone that is missing to be replacedMaster Cylinder Recall to be doneDelivered to home address (20-25 Miles away)
If they won’t do those bits then offer £3,000 to take it as it is and have a 3 Month Warranty. If it’s a no then Walk away.

Thanks for all your replies and Sam your help. I will call tomorrow and see what they say. You never know they might agree!!! :Whistling:

1,000s of good bikes out there.

It’s not particularly cheap so,

At the first sniff of doubt I’d walk… especially as te dealer would have known about the damage when he cleaned it for sale.

BUT he said nowt.

Walk :crazy: