Would the plonker on the Fireblade take one step forward....

I know that this is now old news, but I need to post here because of help from so many of you.

Firstly, my apologies to everyone else on the ride for riding like a teenager, and spoiling what had been a really good rideout. I am seriously glad that I wasn’t close to anyone else when I came off. :doze:

Secondly, thank you all so much for not calling me an arse on the night, and for your many offers of help. Mark, Debz, Grim, Terry and of course Ricky, Dawn and George for staying with me. In fact, everyone there was fab, so I won’t list everyone. I didn’t realise how big my fall had been and I was in shock at the time… s’funny what we say when we’re full of adrenaline.

After from my obvious mistakes, I’m not quite sure how the bike flipped me off, so maybe Grim could PM me, or maybe even meet at the Ace sometime…? I need to do some learning.

For all you other, lovely LB-ers, we had a great rideout on Friday evening and on the way back I went into a roundabout a bit hot and somehow the road surface flipped me over the bike. The bike then bounced down the road, spinning as it went. The very helpful policemen who were coming the other way said that they thought it was going to land on me. I’ll be in church next weekend giving thanks for that one!

AGV helmet, SIDIs and Arlen Ness full leathers did a brilliant job of keeping me free of serious injury (so they desrve the credit), but my anke hit the kerb eventually and it broke. I didn’t realise this until the next day, but the pain forced me to casualty and now I’m in plaster for 6 weeks.

The Fireblade is now a bag of bits. I’m gutted, but I love you all. :cool:

And if anyone has pictures on their phone, could you email them to me? Thanks

sorry to hear this :frowning:
sounds like everyone did a grand job of looking after you though!

Just glad you’re OK Martin, I’m sure we’ve all done the same at some point but usually manage to avoid a fall, I guess this time it was just your turn :slight_smile: Hope you fix soon and get back on asap :cool:

WELL IM GLAD YOU WERE NOT TOO BADLY HURT! IT WAS A HEART IN MOUTH MOMENT seeing you fishtale, then slam into the kerb… the bike is replaceable…

:slight_smile:

[hug]

Can i call you an arse now then??? wouldn’t of left you on your tod on friday anyhows!!!

when’s your bike being collected??

Awww, my poor Martin :kiss:

So glad your ok :smiley: x

get well soon plonker:D

Sorry to hear about your off chap, at least your reasonably ok.

What sort of time scale are you looking at for getting the bike back on the road? Will it take as long as R1cky’s? Mind you its gonna be 6 weeks in plaster so you should have it back in time then eh…:stuck_out_tongue:

Take care fella, if there’s anything i can do PM me.

sorry to hear about the off. George told me about this, glad you aren’t too hurt. :slight_smile:

Glad you’re ok mate. See ya soon

Sorry to hear about this mate - glad your in ok shape (apart from ankle).

Westie describes you ‘fishtailing’ - perhaps the loss of control resulted from a combination of laying down a lot of power on a relatively slippery (read diesel) roundabout e.g. roundabouts + coating of diesel residue is pretty common - just a thought :wink: .

Back onto a bike soon chap

[quote]
ex-martinnnn (28/07/2008)

I know that this is now old news, but I need to post here because of help from so many of you.Firstly, my apologies to everyone else on the ride for riding like a teenager, and spoiling what had been a really good rideout. I am seriously glad that I wasn’t close to anyone else when I came off. :doze:

After from my obvious mistakes, I’m not quite sure how the bike flipped me off, so maybe Grim could PM me, or maybe even meet at the Ace sometime…? I need to do some learning.

[quote]

Don’t flatter yourself too much we would have been closer if I hadn’t slowed down for the roundabout ;):smiley:

Let me know when you are down the Ace and we will do a re-enactment with a salt and pepper pot plus a cup as the roundabout :stuck_out_tongue:

We were relieved to see you trying to get to your feet as I still don’t have my first bike on scene certificate :smiley:

PS Lorenzo rode with 2 broken ankles so you had best get a bike sorted :cool:

Get well soon mate - I was very worried when I saw the bike but that cleared up when I saw you up and about

Ankles heal believe me!

:slight_smile:

Ouch… glad to hear you got away without anything more serious.

Glad you’re ok Martin, although it was heartbreaking to see your bike especially after Andrew and I had just been talking to you about it. Main thing is that you walked (well, limped) away from it relatively unhurt. Hope the ankle heals well and look forward to seeing you on another rideout hug

Sorry to hear Martin…Just glad you didn’t come off worse than that.

Get well soon and I hope the bike repair doesn’t take too long.

Thanks guys! I think the 'Blade has gone to that bike heaven in the sky - there’s very little on it that isn’t seriously damaged… (anyone want a rear brake caliper? :wink: that’s about the only bit that’s ok)

Grim - will produce certificate as requested! I’ll supply the tea and you get out the salt pot. :slight_smile:

Thanks again, everyone. Am still feeling emotional about it all.

I hope eBike are good about handling claims. Think I might get a Italian-style scooter for a few months, just to get me mobile again…