worth selling car for a bike

Hello yes if you can send the likethat would be great I’ll try and have a loom at that. I think the bike would defo be safe if I could get it down the stairs under the sensor light. The light picks up movement soon as you get to the 1st step. Think that with a ground anchor and dick alam covered is the best I can do really.

You need to be honest with yourself, if you have to negotiate ya bike down steps & ramps, then secure it to the ground anchor with an Almax (heavy) then cover it and secure the cover with the disc lock, in the dark, when it’s raining, when you’re tired & cold…you get the picture.

The one time you do not do all that it will be nicked…so making it as safe as possible with as little hassle to yourself would be the best bet IMHO coz if it’s a PIA to secure the bike you’ll leave it one time to ‘dry out’ or ‘warm-up’ before locking it up and it will go.

After your CBT you would be wise to get a cheap bike to perfect your new skills and not the bike you dream about.

Firstly, the insurance cost and second, the repair costs - drop or scratch the YZFR125 (stairs, alleyways were mentioned earlier?) and your costs to fix plastics etc, will be higher than a fixing a CG125.

After blatting about on the cheap hack for a while make a decision based on if you are going to keep on biking. Some people decide it is cold, dangerous etc ans pack it all in to go back to the warmth of their cars.

Unfortunately, a bike is never safe in London. There’s people on here who had serious security, but the bike got still nicked out of a garage. If a thief wants it, he’ll get it. All you can do is secure it as best as you can and hope for the best.

I had a look on eBay for the peeps I got my ramp of but they seem to have discontinued the one I bought but have something similar. Linky here Check out their other stuff too as they might have something that is more suitable for your needs.

Chazhead’s advice is a good too. It really does depend what kind of person you are. It is a bit of a hassle to get my bike in - having to park up first, get the ramp out, ride in, take the ramp away. It is laborious and annoying when you arrive after a miserable ride, cold and wet, but I’d never leave it out on the street. A cover definitely helps too and I’d recommend you get one.

it would cost more then buying a cg125:w00t:

tell ya what I get a snap shot of my front garden and see what you guys think.

I under stand what your saying about cost and haste etc but i guess that just one of the prices you pay for owning a bike. I have got my head round if some ones going to take it they will which is a shame but thats the case.

ull got take that pic and post up soon.

Ok guy here is a look a the font garden so you can get an idea of what im working with. the 1st to pictures are my garden.

the 4rd picture is of next door who have a gate to the lower level, which they may let me use again its not a defo that they will but i dont see why they wont.

<a href=UserInfo16300.aspx Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘View Member\s Profile’>View Member’s Profile<a href=BuddyIgnoreList1.aspx?Username=asoe209 Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Add to Buddy List’>Add to Buddy List<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendPrivateMessage’,‘16300’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Private Message’>Send Private Message<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendEmail’,‘16300’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Email To Member’>Send Email To Member<a href=__doPostBack(‘butShowMemberPosts’,‘16300’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Find All Member\s Posts’>Find All Member’s Posts’,‘165px’);" onmouseover=“InstantASP_OpenMenuMouseOver(’_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl16_smAuthorName’,’_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl16_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer’,’<a href=UserInfo16300.aspx Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘View Member\s Profile’>View Member’s Profile<a href=BuddyIgnoreList1.aspx?Username=asoe209 Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Add to Buddy List’>Add to Buddy List<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendPrivateMessage’,‘16300’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Private Message’>Send Private Message<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendEmail’,‘16300’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Email To Member’>Send Email To Member<a href=__doPostBack(‘butShowMemberPosts’,‘16300’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Find All Member\s Posts’>Find All Member’s Posts’,‘165px’);”><A id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl16_smAuthorName class=SmlBoldLinks href=“http://londonbikers.com/forums/void(’’);” onmouseover=“window.status = window.location;return true;” onmouseout=“window.status=’’;return true;”>asoe209My mate sold his car Volvo. (good solid motor) it was juicy though. Bit like me :smiley: anyway he sold it because he wanted to save money on fuel and be able to commute into central London from Sittingbourne everyday. Anyway this Crazy Fool knew nothing about motorbikes.

I said to him “Arry mate once you have sold the old Volvo then i’ll help ya find somthing ok matey”? “Yeah ok” Arry replies. Anyway he sold the motor on gumtree to some Jewish bloke. Sorted…

Next thing I know he rings me up when I am taking a shite “Ive got a new motorcycle mate come round its well nice got a topbox and all that yeah”

Anyway after telling him to calm down I actually thought oh no this is gonna be funny,Lets face it who rings you up and says I have bought a new motorcycle? Even the hardest bikers don’t called them motorcycles lol, Bike is the word on the street

Anyway I ride around his drum…He opens the garage door…LOL :smiley: I check my watch for the date. It weren’t April fools day LOL then I thought Jeremy Beadle is dead so this deffo ain’t a wind up…

Arry says “Its nice en it man”

Me replies "Its a fooking pizza delivery bike arry,that ain’t a top box its for pizzas mate, look at the size of it you could fit in there mate.

Arry "Its a Honda C90. Whats the C90 mean

Me "90cc and if you think your gonna commute from sittingbourne to london every day on that you better buy a monthly train ticket cause your need one that won’t get you half way mate.

Arry "Wow man 90cc’s yes 90cc’s well in arry well in…

Me “Your mad mate mad”

are mate thats a funny story, im still here laughing… core mate.

well just spoke to mother and she is happy for me to use her car during the winter months of if needed as she only drives it on weekends if any thing. so thats that sorted i have wheels to drive.

she gave the whole aint they dangerous through don’t think she is to keen on the idea but hey its what I want…

so what did Arry do with the c90 in the end, get a weekend job delivering pizzas to get a new bike…

Lol.

He sold it in the end. He found out it only went like 45mph lol sold it to some bloke who was doing the knowledge. Oh mate Arry is a nice bloke. Bit Dolly Dimple and all that poor sod but his hearts in the right place.

He rides a Hornet now actually…:cool:

rode all year again even in the snow and ice :slight_smile: but it helps to have the right bike

lol, that was funny through stopping you poo to look a a c90…

i wouldnt get rid of the car…

youll regret it once the snow comes and you need to make a trip to tesco

haha yah but i have another car to use so its ok.

I bought a Quad to use in the snow…Its great

really how did that go in it was it worth it?

what did people think to the font garden pictures?