Worst fuel consumption on two wheels

I get about 33mpg on my Street Triple - only a 675 vs your 1050. That’s with slightly fat pipes (presumably standard ones would give better mpg? or not?). Which compares to my old 125 scooter doing c.90mpg!

The bike is about the same as my car - which is only a little 1.2.

MY BLADE TAKES 18 POUNDS AND I ONLY GET 75MILES OUT OF THE TANK

I got 140-145 miles out of my CBR600F for about £14
I just got 138 miles out of my Fireblade for £13.46 (but I am running her in)

Worse thing is, I thought I was quite hard on the CBR600F, but judging by the MPG quoted here, I was riding like a pussy!:smiley:

sorry 50 mpg 250+ to a tank ;):P:P

What bike is that? Sounds good. Just checked my mpg on the way home. Thought I was on 33mpg (I was once at any rate). Now on 27.3 apparently. I guess my riding’s got more aggressive recently. Pants.

Just done 210 miles on 18L, not to shabby. 53mpg and 225 to empty.

This is really interesting to see the wildly different figures, across wildly different bikes. Maybe I’ve been giving it too much wrist action… :wink:

The other factor in this might be the new catalytic converter and Euro3 exhaust systems. Is anyone here knowledgable in these things? I read in one of the bike mags that cats require the fuelling to run excessively rich.

i think different makes and models of pretty similar machinery produce quite different results, my prev bike, a Triumph Speed Four would be needing a top up at 100 miles and yet my new Hornet is happy till about 115 on the same commute route. I think they have the same tank 16 or 17 ltrs and they are the same cc

2008 R1

£15-17 to fill it from when the fuel light comes on…

I around 100 miles… MY “CHELSEA TRACTOR” DOES ABOUT THE SAME MILES PER GALLON

:smiley:

LoooOOOOooooL

Oh well…

although my bike is much slower than those in this topic, one of its strongest points is that i can get 200+ miles on 10litres of fuel!!

…anyway for a commuter the cbr125 is great, and you can still go faster than most scooters so it doesnt feel too slow [until a hornet whooshes past you reminding you that ur a still a 125 after all!]

i was gona ask what the best mpg ppl have got, but im guessing it could have been on a 50cc scooter or a honda cub or the like?

Lets hope they don’t start to include bikes in the conjestion charge which now seems to be a polution charge based on CO2 and MPG. Some bikes would be charged £25 a day after october.

R1100RT in the avatar its the one that doesnt have factory fitted roo skin :slight_smile: