Workshops with courtesy bikes?

Hi boys and girls,

So, I had the fun experience of getting smacked from behind in a hit and run the other week. Nothing too seriously damaged, but I was on crutches for a couple of weeks. My insurance has been dicking me around (despite full comprehensive), because the guy who hit me was driving a foreign registered vehicles. Both the insurer (JMI) and the Met have essentially said, “meh, too much hassle. We can’t be bothered”. So, I’m a bit screwed and will end up out of pocket and with a hit on my insurance for being stationary at a set of lights and hit because Captain Moronic decided to jump the lights.

Given that it’s a foreign registered vehicle and my insurer doesn’t have anyone else to charge for it, they’re not going to pony up the cash for me to get a loan/courtesy bike while mine is being repaired. Soooo… I’m looking for suggestions for decent repair shops in London who DO offer courtesy bikes. Can anyone recommend me someone to use? Failing that, anyone have a spare bike they want to lend me for a slab of beer etc? :P

It’s not exactly a courtesy bike and there’s a certainly a restriction on the options,  but in terms of having something to keep you mobile I can recommend www.igo-wego.com for a rental. Very well priced in comparison to others. I used them after my last bike was nicked. 

It's not exactly a courtesy bike and there's a certainly a restriction on the options,  but in terms of having something to keep you mobile I can recommend www.igo-wego.com for a rental. Very well priced in comparison to others. I used them after my last bike was nicked. 
AlexT
Cheers dude, I'll check them out!

and don’t forget to read the small print :wink:

Pm TC he can advise

Lloyd Cooper Motorcycles give me and MetalRed a free loan bike when we get our bikes serviced there, usually a ER6N.

http://www.motorcyclesdirect.co.uk/servicing

We work with maccams for non fault accidents and provide courtesy bikes while we repair yours…

Thanks guys, I’ll check them out. Will definitely ping TC to get some advice about what I should be looking out for. This is my first tangle with insurance over here, and it’s subtly different to Australia :stuck_out_tongue:

@MikeDerBike, Lloyd Cooper looks like a good option, especially as my current toy is a Kawasaki. Cheers for that! :)

@Big_D, that’s the problem with my accident. Because it was a hit and run and they can’t pin the cost of a hire bike on his insurance, they’re not going to cover me, so even though I’m not at FAULT, I’m at fault :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks guys, I'll check them out. Will definitely ping TC to get some advice about what I should be looking out for. This is my first tangle with insurance over here, and it's subtly different to Australia :P
@MikeDerBike, Lloyd Cooper looks like a good option, especially as my current toy is a Kawasaki. Cheers for that! :)
@Big_D, that's the problem with my accident. Because it was a hit and run and they can't pin the cost of a hire bike on his insurance, they're not going to cover me, so even though I'm not at FAULT, I'm at fault :P
Gesthemene
have you looked at claiming threw MIB i was involved in quite a bad hit and run many years ago and claimed all from them 

I looked into it, but their website states, “If you have comprehensive cover then your own insurer should deal with your vehicle damage claim.”

Seemed like they were saying that, since I was responsible and had full comprehensive insurance, that they wouldn’t help.

Thanks guys, I'll check them out. Will definitely ping TC to get some advice about what I should be looking out for. This is my first tangle with insurance over here, and it's subtly different to Australia :P @MikeDerBike, Lloyd Cooper looks like a good option, especially as my current toy is a Kawasaki. Cheers for that! :) @Big_D, that's the problem with my accident. Because it was a hit and run and they can't pin the cost of a hire bike on his insurance, they're not going to cover me, so even though I'm not at FAULT, I'm at fault :P Gesthemene
have you looked at claiming threw MIB i was involved in quite a bad hit and run many years ago and claimed all from them 
Big_D