Wish Me Luck :D

:D:D:DBLINDING:D:D:D

Just got back - put 51 miles on the clock today :smiley:

Filled up with a full tank at the start of the day - £8.70 :smiley:

Went and met my mate (he got a Harley Sportster) - took a ride out from South Norwood, down to Caterham, along through Oxted, he left at Biggin Hill, I went on through Ide Hill, stopped at the In-Laws for a cuppa, then down through Penshurst and home - last bit in the dark :smiley:

Ain’t stopped grinning all day :smiley:

Off to the bike show tomorrow, so will try and get some pics up by Sunday :smiley:

Good luck. Go easy:)

Cheers - been treating the tyres well today and the engine almost as well (a couple of stalls from trying to pull off in 2nd without enough revs - but I’ve got that one sussed now - find 1st before the stop until the experience levels increase :D)

Excellent! :smiley:

I can’t remember if you said or not, but are you going to use it for commuting? If you’re anything like me, you’ll be figuring out the long, scenic route home. Then riding it twice! :hehe:

A word of advice: don’t feel like you have to keep up with other bikes. I went out with some guys from here to the MCN show today - they were much faster than me (only 6 months under my belt so far). But they didn’t mind slowing up - and I didn’t want to get out of my depth (which they totally understood).

It’s so easy to get swept along with faster riders and end up bricking it - resist the urge if you can! :cool:

Stevie – excellent thread. I can almost feel your excitement through every one of your posts on here!! Getting a new bike is one of the best feelings in the world!

Sounds like you are not too far from me (Heathfield, East Sussex and parents live in Oxted) – there’s some superb roads between Oxted and here – but watch the potholes, particularly on the Edenbridge Road (B2026).

Enjoy that bike!

Ooooh, good roads, Zeus!

Try going up the B2024 out of Westerham, then take the B269 up to Warlingham. It’s a lovely long sweeping bit of road pretty much the whole way… great views, too. :slight_smile:

Cheers 5150 - will put that one under my hat - me mucker on his harley had to stop a couple of times to wait for me to catch up - so far the adrenaline hasn’t overridden my Mortality-Awareness Chip :smiley:

Cheers Zeus - I can tell you that I’m sitting here still tingling and popping out the back every 20 minutes to look at the bl@@dy thing hehe… The missus is getting the hump coz I’m letting all the heating out :smiley:

I haven’t felt this wired since I got a huge Millenium Falcon for Christmas 1982 :smiley:

I guess it’s coming out through my fingers and my liberal use of grinnies :D:D:D:D

Strangely enough I took a Speed Triple out for a test ride a couple of weeks back from Rosner’s in Sanderstead and did the B269 to Titsey, then turned left onto the B2024 to Westerham and back again! Superb roads!

Nice one matey, see you in the area when the weather warms up a bit (I’m being a pussy this weekend heh, tooo damn cold).

Cheers fella - I’m sure I’ll be around a fair bit :smiley: