Wish I was quicker

Just came out of a resturant in white cross St. Asked my family to move over as a scooter was coming. As it got close I saw they were fully balaclavaed,it was 2 scrotes on i think a Beverley 300, as it passed I saw no number plate. Really pissed as I could have had them off. But you have to sure, and when I was they were passed. Keep an eye out there people

Tbh mate I see this on an almost weekly basis now. So wrong that it is becoming a normal part of my life.

No one got hurt that the main thing…

Decent Londoners are gonna get right fed up with this, it’ll all end in tears.

The last thing you need with the family is two little scrots with “tools”.  Do not put your family at risk.

The last thing you need with the family is two little scrots with "tools".  Do not put your family at risk.
Kevsta
+1 

Some of the knives these guys carry can do serious damage (and have done judging by the photos someone had uploaded a while back). Then you also have the threat of acid which has become much more popular. For the sake of a phone, wallet, even bike… it’s not worth it

All the police need to do is wait 10 mins at any petrol station on the main routes from east to west/ north to south.  Would be like shooting fish in a barrel if they could actually be arsed.

I read something in the Twitterverse last week posted by someone in Oz who was outraged his local petrol station refused him petrol because his road tax was a week out of date (apparently in Oz you get a 30 days grace period to renew, so although technically out of date he wasn’t committing the crime of the century).

I hate the idea of further surveillance but I’d be willing to accept ANPR at petrol stations if it took these scum off the road. It would also clamp down on the 1 million or so uninsured drivers which are costing us all a fortune on our premiums.

I hate the idea of further surveillance but I'd be willing to accept ANPR at petrol stations if it took these scum off the road. It would also clamp down on the 1 million or so uninsured drivers which are costing us all a fortune on our premiums.
Michael748
How would that help though if they've taped over or taken off the licence plate.

I laugh that people think the solution to this is Police. even if the police catch them and even if the CPS can be bothered, they get a tiny sentence anyway and they’re back doing the same before long. Even if they do get locked up, the prison system doesn’t reform criminals. 

The solution is the public banding together with weapons, as has been proved in the past with video footage of passers by stopping an attack or escape. 

Well, presumably they wouldn’t serve vehicles without numberplates either.
Wouldn’t help with cloned plates though.

the police are not interested in protecting mere peasants like us ,there job is to keep all the money flowing to the rich aristocrats,lords and ladys of the manner,you need to know  your place in the line up, they don’t even want us bothering them anymore thats why they are shutting half the police stations…and we go ok then like the dummies we are.

Well, presumably they wouldn't serve vehicles without numberplates either. Wouldn't help with cloned plates though.
It wouldn't help with cloned plates, but would certainly crack down on stolen scooters being used for this purpose. Of course they could always fill up a fully legal scooter then syphon the fuel into the stolen one but it would put a large obstacle in their way.

Also, we could clamp down on cloned plates. One of the reasons the numberplate design changed in 2001 was to ensure plates could only be made by registered makers and are supposed to carry the maker’s information for future enforcement. Obviously this scheme is being abused and the scrotes have no difficulty sourcing spurious plates on the interweb. Tighten up the scheme.

if I were a scrote (I am not)  …I would just fill up 5litres in a can … and away I go … 

Down in Earlsfield/Tooting the petrol station people don’t turn on the pumps for motorcyclists until you’ve taken off your helmet. It’s apparently because so many scrotes just came in, filled up and away they went.

if I were a scrote (I am not) ..I would just fill up 5litres in a can ... and away I go ...
This is a grey area, and is almost illegal. It wouldn't take much tweaking to cut off this route. https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1617488

if I were a scrote (I am not) ..I would just fill up 5litres in a can ... and away I go ...
This is a grey area, and is almost illegal. It wouldn't take much tweaking to cut off this route. https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1617488
Michael748
It's not illegal to fill up in a can - the only thing is how much you can fill up, depending on the material the can is made of

I certainly hope they don’t make it illegal to fill up jerry cans or i’m going to have to push the lawnmower 2 miles to the petrol station to fill it up!

I certainly hope they don't make it illegal to fill up jerry cans or i'm going to have to push the lawnmower 2 miles to the petrol station to fill it up!
monkimark
Or a handy excuse to buy a ride on.

I certainly hope they don't make it illegal to fill up jerry cans or i'm going to have to push the lawnmower 2 miles to the petrol station to fill it up!
monkimark
You can be useful & do the verge on the way! 
Well, presumably they wouldn't serve vehicles without numberplates either. Wouldn't help with cloned plates though.
It wouldn't help with cloned plates, but would certainly crack down on stolen scooters being used for this purpose. Of course they could always fill up a fully legal scooter then syphon the fuel into the stolen one but it would put a large obstacle in their way.
Also, we could clamp down on cloned plates. One of the reasons the numberplate design changed in 2001 was to ensure plates could only be made by registered makers and are supposed to carry the maker's information for future enforcement. Obviously this scheme is being abused and the scrotes have no difficulty sourcing spurious plates on the interweb. Tighten up the scheme.
Michael748
Won't stop the multitude of small motor factors who will still make any plate up for cash.  They just remove their postcode/ID from the bottom of the plate before they stick the vinyl sheet to the perspex plate.  Oh the memories of working in the motor trade - what fun it was seeing the sales trainees driving away at the end of the day with 'GAY B0Y' or 'D1CK HEAD' on the back of their car.  Even funnier when they didn't realise it was there until a week later... then they realised why the traffic cops had been having a good laugh when they'd pulled alongside on the motorway  :)