Wing mirror removal.

Learnt a lesson there. :slight_smile:

Donā€™t forget to sweep the road of foreign objects before you ride eitherā€¦

And there I was thinking that this forum was just full of people out to commit criminal damage and assult. Now I find itā€™s full of racists too!! Disgraceful!

:wink:

Back to the original questionā€¦

The most effective way Iā€™ve found is to reverse my car out of the front garden and let the wind blow the gate shut just at the right moment and rip the mirror off.

But thatā€™s just a minor inconvenience, duct tape fixes everything! Even passed an MOT with the mirror stuck on with duct tape.

:smiley:

No fighting here, Iā€™m a lover not a fighter !! :DOk, I may have been a bit harsh initially on my first post and for that I apologise Drunk Knight.
I just get a bit peeved at many on here who come on and boast about their prowess at committing criminal acts - afterall, that is what taking someoneā€™s mirror off is.
I have no trouble in believing that you intended the topic to be light hearted banter but I can promise you that someone would have started boasting about taking someoneā€™s mirror off or gouging their boot slider down a wing etc etc.Having came a cropper on this forum before myself for saying things I maybe shouldnā€™t have, I just hope that people would maybe a bit sensible about what they get up too and not write about it on here.Coffee on me when we meet at BM/Ace.Chenster, Itā€™s not a case of being a "ā€˜neā€™er do wellsā€™ or ā€˜holier than thoughsā€™. Itā€™s just that people have different standards of what they believe is bad and what isnā€™t. Of course, being a forum that will be voiced as well.Oh, and youā€™ve all lost your bets as I have bottled it !!

OK, who gave gave him directions to Dunkinā€™ Donuts? :smiley:

Really? :D:D

Not a very good one but I get 10 out of 10 for effort ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Donuts are goooooooooooooood !

Oh my God itā€™s Trojan on a power tripā€¦ again.

:D:D

People donā€™t respect cops in real life, why should you be scared of them on teh internets?

FWIW, my favourite method is either kicking them off (top to bottom breaks the mechanics better than front and back) or grab and twist.

Now come and nick me :stuck_out_tongue:

if a car almost has me off an shows no apologieā€¦i would have the wing mirror yesā€¦but i have to be really really wound up to do it.

most of the time a tap on the window an a few words of advice about teh advantges of mirrors and indicators helps.

had a fella very very nearly take me out on way to ace few fridays ago, i thought about having the mirror, but no i tapped on his window, down it came, fella couldnt stop saying sorry, an he said he was stupid as he normally is very aware of bikes, i nearly said did you not hear me!>? but the dude was deaf! nevermind was all good in the end.

Hi TrojanCheers for your comments - I see your point. I am new to the forum and so havenā€™t seen the boasting etc but I suspect itā€™s on here. Coffee sounds good! Went along to BM last week and will def go again soon!Stevie Ramone & Kevstaā€¦thatā€™s Ā£15 then! Actuallyā€¦and since it is in fact my birthday today, make it Ā£30! :wink:

He must be as deaf as me if he did not hear you coming!!! :D:D:D:D

I used to get angry - but Iā€™ve been on the road long enough and seen enough and been on the wrong end of enough sh1t driving that I expect to be cut up, not seen etc - Iā€™ve got the metal work to prove it.Because of this it happens less often to me now (because I have adjusted my riding to take it into account) and when it does happen I get less indignant because Iā€™m just not that suprised.

Yes - I ride like a Vicar compared to my glorious kamikaze days when I would not be beaten by other bikes on the way into town - victory at any cost and all that :smiley:

But next time you see some guy bumbling along in the traffic - donā€™t assume he is slow/inexperienced/a pussy - he may just have seen more than you. . .

PMSLā€¦ HAHA :smiley:

Pre ride checks? :slight_smile:

1/ make sure you ā€˜goā€™ before you set off

2/ tell your mum what time you will be back

3/ pack a spam sandwich and an apple for when you get peckish

Any more???..

:sick: hehe

Well as the it was sabotaged with donuts, all bets are off. :smiley:

hahaha maybe!!! i thought he might have felt the vibes man! it was only apprent when he spoke then i see his hearing aid, he was very very apologetic so its all good.:smiley:

The top bolt on a CB500 mirror is reverse threaded. This is good to know before you try and remove or adjust them.