Will you pay BT Sport to watch MOTOGP?

An aid to help

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/282626/howBT.png

nope.
refuse to waste my time writing the 50 page rant this corporate bullshit deserves
sorry

http://londonbikers.com/forums/1011647/motogp-moves-to-bt

i couldn’t vote on the poll as my option isn’t there…

“No, i’ll be watching it streamed live on the net” probably illegal but do i care ? :smiley:

My option is not there either. Won’t be watching motogp, have no interest in watching it, could not even name any riders. Would rather watch antique roadshow repeats

Ooh, there’s a good idea.

Turn your bike keys in at the nearest biker burger hut, kick your wheels over and remove your avatar… Antiques Road Show. In god’s name man, have some dignity!

How? :smiley:

pfft, it’ll be on Eurosport an hour later. I usually record it anyway. Failing all that, if viewing really becomes restricted, there will be high def torrent available of the event half an hour after it finishes.

Type in google search field “motogp online live stream” click button called “Search”. Click any of links in results.

R

http://www.sportlemon.tv/c-10.html normally has a few feeds to choose from

i never watch it live anyway. always watch it on iplayer the next day so i guess ill be torenting it

But some people (like me) dont have friends to go out with and would like watch it live. Before some cock in news on radio announce who won and then watching it again is a bit… time wasted.

R

I’ll probably pay the £85 to MotoGP direct to be able to watch it. I’m on Plus.net which is owned by BT, but no TV streaming services (as of yet) offered by them.

No wont be paying but will be getting it free… benefits of working for BT :blush:

BT is attempting to break the stranglehold that Sky has on UK sports. Although this sounds good in practice we now have a sports rights bidding war going on which means the BBC will rarely get there with what it can offer and if you want full coverage you will have to pay for both. As inevitably BT will set the cost of its channels to rival broadcasters as high as it can, and vice versa, for the paying public it is probably a step too far for all but the most die-hard of fans.

As for Dorna, they are private equity owned. In the first few years they would have been concerned with generating popularity of the sports for the rights it owns (wide audience and more advertisers) it will now be under pressure to its sell its stake and so its deals will be about profit and long term contracts - hence BT and 5 years.

I am with Virgin media so unless BT deigns to let Virgin get access to the channel I am out of luck. Shame as it looks like it will be a proper title race this year, with three races and three winners.

Looks like I will be watching more antiques roadshow :ermm:

BT is attempting to break the stranglehold that Sky has on UK sports. Although this sounds good in practice we now have a sports rights bidding war going on which means the BBC will rarely get there with what it can offer and if you want full coverage you will have to pay for both. As inevitably BT will set the cost of its channels to rival broadcasters as high as it can, and vice versa, for the paying public it is probably a step too far for all but the most die-hard of fans.

As for Dorna, they are private equity owned. In the first few years they would have been concerned with generating popularity of the sports for the rights it owns (wide audience and more advertisers) it will now be under pressure to its sell its stake and so its deals will be about profit and long term contracts - hence BT and 5 years.

I am with Virgin media so unless BT deigns to let Virgin get access to the channel I am out of luck. Shame as it looks like it will be a proper title race this year, with three races and three winners.

Looks like I will be watching more antiques roadshow :ermm:

you are safe with the BBC this year. the BT deal doesn’t start till the start of next season.

the deal is exclusive, eurosport wont be showing a delayed program. Personally like the commentary on eurosport that much that I’m willing to put up with the adverts

as people have mentioned there are always ways around these things but for the majority of people, this will be enough to not bother.

Sheesh, you guys must know something I don’t. :wink: