who knows a good race/track bike engineer who can look after my track bike

I am looking for someone to work on my track bike…do the regular servicing, and set up and all that…no good me doing it as I will not do it right…and likely find some excuse to not do it…its a zx7r…

is the engine race tuned?

Depends where your from. John Trigger is probably the best place for you as he was Hawk’s top engine builder when Glenn Richards rode the ZX7 to a lot of sucess so has a lot of experience with the motors. He’s a nice bloke to. But he’s in Leicestershire/Derby way.

Otherwise possibly have a word with B as he’s the man for setup and i believe he knows somebody pretty handy with the spanners to if your from London way.

Unless it’s in a high state of tune the it will only need the usual routine maintainence.

Tyres need to have plenty of tread left, ideally stickier sport ones will give added grin factor.

Brakes will be working hard so have plenty of meat on them, a fluid change and braided hoses even better, depends on how much time effort and money you want to spend but this will not break the bank.

Suspension will normally benefit from a set up (look no further)…well worth at least getting it checked, i’ve seen some problems with them in the past and if it’s an older one time will likely have taken its toll.

Check chain and sprockets are good and adjusted, controls are working smoothly and adjusted to you. Check there’s no leaks or loose nuts and bolts.

Les at L J motorcycle repairs, based in Twickenham will look after you regarding servicing and repairs. I do the bike suspension set up there so you’re welcome to pop in for a chat:

sounds good B…yes will try a pop in sometime,…where are you…thanks for the advice from everyone…

The ZX7 has been mildly tuned 120 bhp at the back wheel…and the suspesion set up by those dudes who go to the track…I am going to take her out in february, have a play, see how she goes then get someone to giver her the once over…someone who knows about track bikes and can tell me what to look for and after etc …

Unit D1 Swan Island, Strawberry Vale, Twickenham TW1 4RX0208 891 2299. Let me know if your going to pop down and i’ll make sure i’m there if you want to chat about trackday stuff. I might even be instructing on one of your trackdays if it’s with Focused Events. If so you’re very welcome to bring down one of those juicy two strokes for me to try:cool: Those smokin days were fun!

okay that sounds good…I am popping in to town today will check out your local and then pop up in the new year…

The RGV and the KR1s will be out some time this year I hope…

Worth having it done for the first time by someone who knows what they are doing i suppose, but shouldn’t take that much looking after that really.

personally i do an oil & oil filter change, brake fluid, pump out pistons and clean brake calipers every 3 trackdays, other than that i do the fork oil at the beginning of the season but that’s about it…

just get out there and enjoy it.

thanks thats good advice…