whips x remember

being 43 i used to go to whips x in the 80s anyone else from here remember that

Yes we were there most weekends at Kwik Snax:)Funnily enough I posted about that a couple of weeks ago:cool:http://londonbikers.com/forums/Topic334559-43-2.aspx#bm335210 :cool:

do any of you know or remember little mo, or morris, he rode a rd500lc and a gs1000 and a kettle 750. at diferring times of course!

The name rings a bell. I had a GS thou too in 1970-81ish

Wasn’t known as Chunky the:cool:n though

great times do you remember anyone from there a bloke on a cbx1000 called boo had it on his leathers and jane and her z900 i had a 250 rd smell that castrol r lol

i remember morris and perry with a wonky eye old george and jackie

My main mates at the time were Denco on a tuned H2 then a Z1300…wheelie nut-nut:w00t:

Patch had a custom painted Z1000,

Kettle had a XS1100, another wheelie nut-nut:w00t:

Brooksy had a red/white GS1000S

I had a blue/white GS1000S (fastest colour:D ) and one of the first GPz900’s

The Epping New Road was the best drag strip in town:D

and fred and his z1300 the list goes on

ah just spoke to mum,she says it was 79-81? he had the water bottle/kettle 750 then, my aunt rode with him her name is jan, or jane…she had a cb600 and a tiger cub.they were all 59 club members.mum says my aunt knew eddy? he died in accident around that time?mo used to race his GSthou, i used to sit on it all the way to teh tracks in teh back of a transit:D:cool:

still is…:w00t::smiley:

who was the bloke with the trike and the beer barrel tank always there ahh yes max remember him

Oops that was meant to read 79-81:DI remember Jane with the Tiger Cub, would have been a cb 500 or 550600’s werent invented in them days til the GPz600 came outCan’t say I remember Mo. My mates bro used to race TTF1 in them days

mum thinks mo did have a mate named perry, prob is him;)

i remember eddy i think he died on a ride near harlow if i remember

Oops that was meant to read 79-81:DI remember Jane with the Tiger Cub, would have been a cb 500 or 550600’s werent invented in them days til the GPz600 came outCan’t say I remember Mo. My mates bro used to race TTF1 in them days
[/quote]
ah small world huh, tell you what chunks she loves me SV:Dah 600’s were still in teh making, gotcha, cant argue with your knowlege of bikes man!:cool:

Remember a guy called Pete who had Kh500 who got squashed in the Blackwall Tunnel. Biggest funeral I’d ever been to. Wake was in a pub in Leytonstone High Road… Was it called Thatched House or something?

just off leyton high road, by teh estate of the same name, gone now.

my aunt probably knew him aswell, shes always drilled it into me to be safe on teh road, she lost a lot mates when she was a young biker.

a mate i fish with kevin sampson he used to ride an RD350LC he was around that way he came from harlow, he used to whipps and chelsea bridge alot. hes 40 now.

There were quite a few who didn’t get to grow old:doze:The kit wasn’t as protective as it is today and no such thing as speed cameras then either;)

hey guys mum does know eddy he died up at high beach?

she says mo’s best mate was george and jackie! and she remebers teh trike!

and all the names chunky mentioned too!

shes gonna sepak to me aunt in a bit.

my mums name is kim.

wow…my mums koooool:w00t::cool::smiley: