Which SM as second/third bike?

good job! that’s put the 510 where it should be! think that’s the only true SM on that list anyway to be honest…

So does it have the best power to weight ratio for a stock single?

well you’d need to put all the others on there too to be able to confirm - honda crf450, ktm 525 etc…

My previous ktm exc (530), had some engine work done by HM racining and was 67bhp with 114kg, now my standard ktm 500 exc should have 62bhp with only 112 kg. That should be enough to get KTM back again at the top of that list :smiley:

Back to the topic; if you thinking of riding supermoto in London more than just a weekly Sunday ride, ktm 690 smc will be best supermoto you can have, plenty of power and numt much of maintainance (anually), but if its only weekend out of town ride and you fancy some off road too, ktm exc will be better choice.

Photo examples :w00t:

My SMC

My EXC’s

Good call Bro!

Attachments

wheelie_av.png

shitting heck! that’s some good numbers matey! :cool: bhp as well so that’s a proper job.

would totally agree regards the 690 for day to day work. the only thing that put me off was it would’ve been about £2000 more than i paid for the husky. how’s yours been for reliability mate? put many miles on her?

any closer to getting that 510 yet dude?

husaberg 570 upgraded to a 610 will be my next supermoto & fit all my factory ktm setup to it once i get bored of the exc me thinks :smiley:

Only managed to do 5500 miles in two years… engine like new, just ran-in :wink:
Bulletproof that 690 engines!

From what Ive read and seen. 690SMC.

I should have listened too…

might have to get myself a test ride on one i think. see what it’s all about

Aprilia SXV worth ruling out. Completely impractical, overly tempramental, problem keeping the front wheel on the ground in the first 3 gears :smiley: