Where has Xmas gone?

Was out shopping and saw the opening times which obviously things are only closed for Xmas day.

Made me wonder what happened, when I was a kid the shops were closed for days also remember getting money and not being able to spend it for what felt like a week (although could have been a few days). What happened I used to look forward to empty roads and spending time sleeping off the xmas dinner.

What else do people miss about xmas when they were growing up.

Snow !!

Snow that was 20 ft high… or was it that I was a short kid ?

I miss the fighting and misery. Now I only have presents that I want, good friends, and as much alcohol as I like to make it through. It’s tough.

I miss being able to spend 2 weeks enjoying christmas. This year i’m on a night shift the night before christmas and a long day the day after boxing day, so by the time i’ve slept and travelled i’m really looking at less than 2 days.

It’s the time of year when shift work is shit although I’ve got Xmas day and new years off which makes a change

What do you do, Chris?

He sells his body last I checked :grin:

It doesn’t feel that Christmassy for me this year either, although I do get a decent amount of time off and some proper time home😊

I miss Christmas not costing me anything, I now appreciate how much my Mum gave up to give me the Christmasses i loved.

I miss Christmas being cold and frosty.  Not sure that I can take shorts weather at Christmas.

I wanted to do something different for Christmas but spending it a cast not being able to do much was not on my short list. Or my long list for that matter

Sell my body!! Won’t get much even for medical science :grin:

I miss the braai and beers on Christmas day… properly hot weather where the soles of your feet sweat and you leave footprints everywhere. Singing carols with the family and properly happy times.  But I have cold Christmases and singing carols and properly happy times with family now, so not complaining!

I miss not knowing what I was going to get! being financially free means there’s barely anything I want at xmas. as a family we were very close to skipping presents this year and donating to Crisis At Christmas instead. 

i was very close to praise you for that :smiley:

@Cactus :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I miss home cooked Christmas dinner. Having 4 sets of parents (both divorced) means a frantic and chaotic Christmas for Jay and I - and never do I get to cook the dinner any more. It’s just not the same.

Hopefully that will change when mini VDZs come along :grin::grin::grin:

You could always cook for the LB folk… we’ll do anything to make you happy :stuck_out_tongue:

I miss staying at my grandparents where my grandad cooked chestnuts in the fireplace…

I’ve been doing whatever I bloody please for the past 3years, couldn’t be any happier.

As happy as one could be without leaving the planet to avoid this fucking crazy time of the year, that is. :smiley:

Lol LB Christmas dinner would require a bigger kitchen :stuck_out_tongue:

I've been doing whatever I bloody please for the past 3years, couldn't be any happier.

As happy as one could be without leaving the planet to avoid this fucking crazy time of the year, that is. :smiley:

silveR6

Have you been watching the John Lewis advert then? :D

no?

i’m a big fan of the amazon horses though :smiley: