Where does the time go?

It is hard to believe that on this day 12 months ago, I had arrived home from holiday to be taken straight to our local A & E where I was put straight onto oxygen and admitted into the cardio ward having been diagnosed with heart failure.

There were times in that first 5 weeks where I wondered if I would ever get any sort of life back.  Strange how I now feel better and fitter than I have done since I was about 30 years old.

Amazing what the right cardiac meds can do. Thanks for sharing, mate.

It does go fast mate and pleased you making great progress

Happy anniversary to life pt 2. Glad you are feeling fit and strong.

Excellent. Nice to hear good news.

+1 News should be balanced but we’re so use to BBC

You’ve done really well. Keep going strong.

well done, did you make adjustments to your lifestyle, how did you get back to better fitness levels?

well done, did you make adjustments to your lifestyle, how did you get back to better fitness levels? dazzpowder
I have made some adjustments.  I cannot have salt, I cannot eat broccoli, Cabbage, spinach or cranberry (which suits me fine as I hate all of those) I am limited to a maximum fluid intake of 1.5 litres a day, I take regular walks, and of course, 2 months before I was taken ill I gave up smoking.

I generally eat more healthily, I don’t snack between meals, but that is about it really.

Impressive. Why do you have to avoid broccoli and spinach?

I guess its something to do with the iron content? It’s the only thing I can think those foods have in common?
I can’t imagine what the fluid intake does. Electrolysis?

I’m more curious about the fluid limitation. It’s the only thing that would cause me to struggle as I drink.over 2 ltrs of water a day plus coffees etc

Vitamin K and warfarin doesn’t mix well

Fluid restriction is to ease the work  the heart has to do … 

Hope all remains well TC.

My mother is having the battery in her jump starter  pack replaced (internal defibrillator ) shortly 

Vitamin K and warfarin doesn’t mix well

Fluid restriction is to ease the work  the heart has to do … 

Hope all remains well TC.

My mother is having the battery in her jump starter  pack replaced (internal defibrillator ) shortly 

TimR
Thanks for that, you beat me to it.  As you say it is all about the vitamin K (which is found in green greens) as that cancels out the affects of the warfarin.

Once off the diaretics, the fluid restriction is actually not that bad once you get used to it.

Glad to hear that things are better, it sounds like you have to be very strict with your diet and lifestyle, most people would have fell off the wagon before the first year

Glad things are rosy for you now mate.

Hey Tony - It’s great to hear that you’ve done far more than just survived. 

Glad your feeling better. It’s nice to hear.