Where can I test new track bike?

Hi all,

I’ve just bought a second hand track bike to use on the track instead of my road going GSXR 600. I’m off to spain with it in two weeks so I’d like to ride it up and down a bit before I go just to get used to it and adjust the pegs etc.

Does any one know any places I could try it out in SW London or Surrey? A large car park or private road for example. I don’t have time to do a track day before I go so anywhere would be a good start.

Thanks

Rob

A bit out of your way but Mallory Park in Leicestershire do once a week test days for £45 I think.

You will need an ACU licence though…Pretty easy to get…Do a basic test in Rugby…Costs £85 I think.

More info here…

http://www.mallorypark.co.uk/

http://www.acu.org.uk/

i test mine up and down the road of a private estate

anywhere near Colliers wood? theres an estate just up the road from the big Sainsburys that i used to go to on a Sunday for a bit of wheelie practise a few times and we never had any complaints as all the businesses in there are shut on the weekend!

Perfect. I’m in Raynes Park so not far.

Thanks

From Raynes Park head towards Sth Wimbledon tube, Turn right at Colliers wood tube, i thinbk its the 2nd set of lights turn left…

It’s one of the roads off there, near the homebase and wickes…

(after you turn right at colliers wood tube, if you take the 1st set of traffic lights it takes you on the road to the sainsburys, just as you turn left on the RH side about 100 metres up you’ll see the big red brick back of the building, thats where we used to go)

Ahhh thanks MJ.

Been looking for a place to practice wheelies and I’m not that far from there

i bet the police are gonna be there next sunday now, lol

That spot sounds ideal, anyone wanna go there this weekend to practice wheelies?

If someone is local i’d go and check it out first…

i took the mini moto there a few months back and it was quite damp and slippery over there, so might be worth a local LB’r to go and check it out!

Crappy pic but this is the place below (one of my poorer attempts at a wheelie on my old ZX6)

The fake old bill perhaps…It’s near where they film the Bill - or at least that’s where the studio was…

Saying that both the A24 and Mermantun Way are regular places to see Traffic espeically at night so take care.