What's your favourite motorbike of the 1980s?

Out of that list, it’d be a toss up between the RG500 & GPz900R.

But what sort of slip-shod madness is it where a list of classic 80s bikes includes tat like the goldwing & omits the best bike of that decade, the TDR250? :crazy:

GPZ900R

To be honest I think that the 80’s were awful years where designers were paying the price of doing too much acid during the 60s/70s. Clothing, architecture, furniture, cars, bikes, even freaking haircuts…

Stretch has just reminded of my Favourite Bikes of the 80’s

Harris Magnum & Spondon Turbo!!!

Voted, has to be the RGV250 out of that list! hmmmmm 2stoke

Honda XR500 with hyperthrust upgrade

is that street hawk?

yup

gotta be the slabby 750 GSXR - that frame, those headlights - totally bad ass!

although lets face it, the RC30 is da bomb!

Well it ran off the far end of the redline when it found a false neutral, and was rebuilt after melting a oil pipe to the cooler while heading to the I.O.M ferry. Apart from that…

Bros 400 :stuck_out_tongue:

Must admit the 80’s belonged to the Japanese manufactures

Ducati were fkogging the 900ss from the seventies followed by the weird Pasos

Triumph were dead for all intents and purpose

Moto Guzzi were going in the wrong direction , morphing the Le Mans into a Jap copy

Laverda, Benelli , Moto Morini, Norton were crashing from one Money crisis to another

MV were moribund

BMW were churning out old man’s bikes

Still the 90’s were coming

Yamaha FZR1000 Genesis

Wow. I’d love to see that. I had the GPz550H2. How many miles have you done on it?

My GPz600R. I part swapped my GPz1100-A1 for it after two years. The GPz600R was the bike responsible for the creation of the 600cc class.

Ducati 750 F1 although as a teenager I always wanted a Suzuki RM125

Attachments

df.png

df2.png

Mz etz 250
True fanny magnet

Only has about 25,000 on it, keep meaning to restore it although I dont think there is that much wrong with it. It last went out in 2009 and got me to Jacks Hill Cafe and back.
It went to the Bol d’Or and the island on a few occasions, but there were years when it didnt turn a wheel due to life getting in the way. Then charge the battery, pump the tyres and away!

Love simple bikes, hence having a Firestorm.

My '89 Ducati 851, featured here… http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-used/class-of-89-honda-rc30-v-ducati-851/15714.html

My GSX750ES Proper workhorse 170,000. miles working as a London courier bike. only £2700.00 Brand new. :smiley:

Lib Pic