What's this part?

So as my other post, I know the damage is (potentially) cheaper than a claim and the excess my question is, what is the part in red called and is/can it be easily replaced.

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

only need after that.

Bar End
Clutch Pendal
That Kawasaki plastic thing
Mirror

That’s a crankcase cover. If it’s on the clutch side it’s sometimes called the clutch cover. If it’s on the other side it’s sometimes called the alternator cover.

They’re really easy to replace. Drain the oil, undo the bolts, clean off the old gasket, put a new gasket on, fit it, do the bolts up. Might be a bit scary if you’re not used to poking around inside engines but it’s quite hard to get wrong.

If you take it to OMC they can tell you which parts need replacing, then you can have them delivered there and they’ll advise you on how to fit them. You’ll have to pay for the bench time but may be a saving overall.

If you can go to Park Royal/Acton, I can recommend you a mechanic that can do this.

If you can go to Park Royal/Acton, I can recommend you a mechanic that can do this. CBR500R commuter
Cheers, trying to see what route to take in regards to repair first.

Might be cheaper to put a R&G cover over the top :wink:

http://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Kawasaki/ER-6

Might be cheaper to put a R&G cover over the top ;)

http://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Kawasaki/ER-6

nivag
Spoken to Bid D, he is going to call his inside man. See what sort of impact it is going to have. 

I knew I should have said no to the hire bike! oh well you live you learn.

Cornwall kawasaki .co.uk have online microfiche

I don’t want to add a dampener to this but, are you not running the risk of the hire bike company not accepting your repair of the damage (should they find out)? I know it’s unlikely they will spot it but still… 

I don't want to add a dampener to this but, are you not running the risk of the hire bike company not accepting your repair of the damage (should they find out)? I know it's unlikely they will spot it but still...  Serrisan
Well I yet to call but according to the insider. I may get a slap on the wrist and told I'm a naughty boy but that will be about it.