Whats going on?

In Sydney, bikers nod to each other … but sorry to say; generally not to L’s or bikers on small (250cc) bikes, and def not scooters.

Whilst I was riding through Europe, nearly all bikers waved to me, even when traveling on the highway’s at 120+ km/h. I can understand people not gesturing in major cities, as you’d likely to be dizzy from all the ‘nodding’, due to the amount of bikers on the road :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m with Wiggleme – I nod at everything and anyone on two motorised wheels: Scoots, L-platers, Harley’s, Hell’s Angels . . .

I’m a serial nodder.

I tried waving once, but it felt a bit too feminine.

I also thank everyone and everything that gets out of my way with a thumbs up or masculine, testosterone filled wave! :slight_smile:

It was good you both where dancing around and he carried on as is neither of you were there.

Ha! I was up near Pickering these last few days and Sunday we did a run to Scarborough on the A170. Listen, I got a sore neck from nodding along there, there are squillions of bikers who all nod without fail lol :smiley:

I didnt mean: dont nod at l-platers or mopeds - I was just saynig they are less likely to nod back :wink: It was an explanation, not an instruction :wink:

Is that similar to an air-punch?

i nod at everyone! even IL4 riders!!!:w00t::w00t::w00t::smiley:

Judas:D

c’mon man wheres the love…we band of bikers…ah all together now…group hug:smiley:

Thats cos us Northeners are a polite bunch:D and we have manners;)

Wellllll. I’ve been riding since… well a long time now. Back in the days when proper bikes had no brakes, no handling, were big bore 2 strokes blah, blah, blah…are ya bored yet…:slight_smile:

Anyways. Rule was then, wave, nod etc to all bikes. L platers and scooters didn’t count. Personally unless I’m on the motorway I’ll acknowledge anyone. And last night I had a learner nod to me and when I nodded back he had such a grin. Funny how the simple things make such a difference. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha ha! yeah I have done this a couple of times, its like nodding into the abyss :wink:

+1 I put the hardley dangerous riders not nodding down to vibration and not being able to see clearly :slight_smile:

I allways give a nod i used to nod at harleys and trikes but gave up when i got no reaction IF ONE DOES NOD ME I WILL NOD BACK i will nod to most scooters as long as they arnt riding like a complete twat, and love to see the L platers grin when you nod them first , but i have noticed there is a different nod these days seems to be a drop of the head at an angle not so much nodding going on really OR IS THAT JUST ME?:slight_smile:

Its society in general, they cant be arsed to be nice. London riders in general dont ride coz they like to, they do it as a commute. But social people like us do nod. I bet the commuters dont meet up at meetings like the BM, I bet they just wanna get home.

Could be well wrong though.

i commute, i do gt the odd nod in london, i find its the weekends when out of london you get more nods, in london i think most are to busy concentraing on teh traffic too nod, i know i do at times!

also in london the ‘L’ platers often dont nod, why? cos, no offence, but alot of them dont frequent forums like this, bar T&G forums, and arent shall we say…seasoned bikers:D

NOTE* its at a dig at scoots/L platers!! its an opinion:cool:

It’s a big city thing - if you said good morning/good afternoon to people on the streets of London, like they do in country villages, people would think you were nuts. Imagine getting on the tube and saying ‘good morning!’. It’s the same on the bike - if you nodded at other bikers in town they would just think that you are a bit odd!:hehe:

Well, we have to be nuts to ride in London … some more than others :stuck_out_tongue:

I used to nod habitually when I was riding, whether commuting or not, but found the return ratio when commuting was about 1 in 10. These days I’d generally given up on nodding during my commute (Though I’d always nod back), but I’ll see if I can’t revisit it this week and test the ratio again!

Any other time I’m out riding though, I do my Churchill dog impression. Make sure I tell me pillions to do the same too :smiley:

“Like a sack of spuds, and remember above everything else, if we get nodded at YOU HAVE TO NOD BACK!”

Well, funny thing about the trike is that it has acceptance in the Hardly-Goingson fold and thus I get a nod. It could well be that they’re fooled into thinking it’s an H-D trike tho… well, at least around town :smiley: