What you done but reckon no other LBr has?

Oh, I have another one:

• Still have my First Holy Communion money.

Friends and family give children making their first Communion small tips (increasingly obscenely large tips these days, but in my day it was a few bob). My parents, thinking this would be a good life lesson, insisted I open a Post Office savings account and wouldn’t let me spend it.

Through all my childhood it sat there. When I started earning my own money in my mid teens I completely forgot about it. Years later I found the pass book. By then it was worthless in monetary value (£6) but worth more as a story. So I still have my Communion money.

And anyone who says you should start saving early is wrong. That £6 was a fortune to a seven year old. Spend and enjoy now while you can.

1 Like

Been to the TT four times

You forgot to add “blown up a bike on the TT course”

Money like that is sometimes best put into a fund… Treat it as lost and then when you are 35, you will have a nice rainy day fund so if you decide to tell an employer to fuck off (or if they tell you this), you have a buffer…

That’s what I’m doing with mine :wink:

hope no-one else got 9 points for riding (carefully) on the pavement

1 Like

What you done but reckon no other LBr has?

Err. You reckon no other LBr has done this? What about me and Sue? We even had the vegetarian lunch.

(I have photos somewhere, not of the vegetarian lunch or the peeing but evidence of going in for a swim)

1 Like

In 2006, the year I retired, I visited 40 countries on my 1300 Pan European between April and October.

2 Likes

Chips?

I caddied for Roald Dhal in the early 70’s and I’ve played 18 holes of golf with Ron “Chopper” Harris in the early noughties. I didn’t really know who RD was at the time but me being a life long Chelsea fan that round with chopper was a blast.

1 Like

Yup

I got Alba to ride down a flooded road once, she was’nt happy about it mind.

2 Likes

40 must have been some trip :slight_smile: Any details?

Two days of coaching from the great Simon Crafar, Parc Motor circuit, Spain 2016.[Simon Crafar Spain 2016

1 Like

Sorry Aceman I’ve had coaching from Simon Crafar. Cartagena circuit Spain 2010. Not 2 days though just 1 session. What an amazing rider he is and a great coach!!!

Acey I would think you are the only LBer to ever return his Christmas dinner twice at the Bike Shed :rofl:

3 Likes

I did it in five hits. 18th-19th April: England, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland. 818 miles
26th May-2nd June: France, Monaco, Italy, Republic of San Marino, Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands. 3,770 miles
10th-!8th September: Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Ukraine. 3,640 miles
2nd-10th October: Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey, Greece, Macedonia, Bosnia, Kosova, Montenegro. 4,643 miles
31st October-2nd November: Spain and Andorra. 1,738 miles
Travelled out from UK and back each time

5 Likes

I’ve met the Queen.

1 Like
  1. Crashed on my first LB rideout.
  2. Changed bike four times in one year.
  3. Lived in Singapore.
  4. Threesome with two girls.
  5. Heroin.

One of the above is a lie.

4 Likes

Sorry mate… #1 is true for me as well.

First jets rideout I went into some lady’s bush
And I think I may have done #2 as well but I wasn’t really counting…

1 Like

We’ve all gone into some lady’s bush Serrisan.

2 Likes