What is this Fortnite thing?

So over the last few months kids keep coming into my library asking if we have any books about this thing FORTNITE.

We don’t and I’d never heard of it so I tried asking what it was.
Is it a film? No. A cartoon? No. An game, like Pokemon or something? Yeah kinda. Nobody could tell me what all the fuss was about.

Then today a man came in to borrow some Lee Child books and he had his son with him. It said [#Fortnite] on his T-shirt.
While his Dad looked through our Lee Child books (he was a huge Jack Reacher fan so he was re-reading the series) I asked the boy to explain Fortnite to me.

And he did. He told me all about it. He taught me what nobody else had been able to teach me. And now I know two things.
Firstly, I know now that Fortnite is an online video game that was created in 2017 and already has more than 125 million players worldwide. Apparently it’s very addictive.

And secondly I learned that…

The only boy who could ever teach me, was the son of a Reacher fan.

2 Likes

It’s two weeks.

God help us all :open_mouth:

God, you’re so old @me_groovy. Who hasn’t played Fortnite?

Uhm…

Err…

Try again. Better luck next time.

i want the 16 seconds back in my life i spent reading this, and the further 19 seconds to type this reply

Cant get my son to stop playing whenever he gets his ipad fro 30 minutes a day. Is it really bad for kids? Or safe?

It’s just a game. I played as many games as a kid as do kids nowadays. As long as they eat their greens and see daylight once in a while I don’t think any harm will come to them :slight_smile:

1 Like

What you haven’t maxed out the batle pass and reached level 71. Keep up man

1 Like