What is the advantage of routing geo data via an app server rather than directly from device to device?

This is an question on the privacy exam I’m doing and there are no clear answers in the course notes. It’s not about Geo data specifically. The 2nd time I did the exam it said video data (like CCTV). It’s more about the distinction between sending data via an app server rather than directly from device to device.

Any ideas?

What is the advantage of routing geo data via an app server rather than directly from device to device?

a) The users location remain hidden
b) The users names remain hidden
c) The data is encrypted
d) One other answer I can’t remember

If it’s a privacy exam I’d wager on c)

1 Like

I agree

You’d have thought so but the question doesn’t stipulate that the data is encrypted and you can send unencrypted data to an app server.

Hmmm b) then?

I’m guessing D :grin:

As it’s a privacy exam I’m going to keep the correct answer private. It’s what the examiner would want.

2 Likes

Ok so. The App server can act as a proxy and limit the information exchanged. So it is either A or B and the question stipulated the type of data so I can figure it out from that. Encryption is wrong as you can encrypt direct transactions too.