What have I done wrong now?

Paranoid, and I think you would have noticed it earlier had it been off. Don’t stress about it, you have to chalk it up to experience and learn from it, stay away from gravel and mud.
Back to the straight with the horizon thing for a sec, you are part right, but its just your head that is important. Look at the baron in the still above, body leaning with the bike, head tilted so eyes level with the horizon.

Great, thanks. I was not even thinking about it but just doing some theory test revision questions. One was specifically about the effect of bad wheel alignment so my mind inevitably went there. Once I can get back on the bike I am sure all will be fine.

KTM D - Aye, I was noting that in the video. I only started use a camera so I could review myself, maybe I need to flip it around sometime so I can see what I am doing too.

Have been back to the hospital and the suspected fracture has turned out to be that a piece of bone had broken off the end of my elbow. My arm though has been mostly okay beyond some occasional discomfort (which I am used to from my arthritis) and not being able to fully straighten or bend it the final few degrees. I now have to wait until the experts decide what to do about it.

Not being any good in those sort of situations, human interaction, it never occurred at the time to me to ask specifically about the bike. But when I asked if there was anything I needed to do in the mean time for my arm the doctor said nothing as I have all the important movement.

I obviously do not want to put too much physical stress on it, although not specifically advised to avoid any, but my CBT is up in February and I wanted to get as much more experience in as I can the rest of this year before/in case the weather gets too bad. As I feel physically okay I am not sure whether to get back on the bike now or keep waiting. So just wondering what anyone else would do in my position?

Get back on the bike. Practice over winter. February can be harsh. Man up.

Okay!

Did not intend to stop anyway but for ice, which is the bad weather I meant. But just wanted to be sure I was not underestimating how much riding could bugger my elbow or make myself a danger to other.

Well if you involutary dismount straight onto it - it’ll probably hurt alot…but otherwise I can’t imagine it’d be a problem. Also only you know if it will impare your riding to the extent you feel you’d need to wait.

Ride it.

If I have learned anything from this, with being right handed, it is to restrict all my involuntary dismounts to the left side in future!

I feel okay physically though, it is only the effect of the bike on my arm I was unsure about. As with everyone saying the stock cheap plastic ends would make my bars vibrate, but with nothing to compare against they just feel normal to me so I cannot judge. Hence asking as I have no idea how much a bike might transfer than I realized.

So will go out first thing when it is still quiet then just to make sure it all feels fine, hopefully not need to turn back, then hopefully not end up in East Grinstead. It seems every time I just head south I somehow end up in East Grinstead at some point.

Thanks.

What I learned today:

Maybe heading onto leaf covered wet roads in fog is not in hindsight the obvious choice for a confidence ride to see how you feel.

I could not tell any difference between my slightly weighty metal bar ends than with the hollow plastic ones.

Pinlock does not stop glasses steaming up when you stop, but is truly amazing in fog.

Just how noisy my cheap helmet was as it was very disconcerting that everything sounded quieter in a better one.

Do not get 30-odd miles away before realizing your tank bag is still at the petrol station. A feeling of disappointment when I look between my legs will happen anyway.

It is a right-then-a-left and not the other way around, and that is how I ended up in East Grinstead.

For car drivers the best time to overtake cyclists is by going into the opposite lane around a tight-ish right turn in fog.

Though it would help, if not excuse, car drivers if my dipped beam worked instead of just whatever the 5W bulb is called

My elbow copes fine. Oddly I felt less physical discomfort today than usual as there was no arthritis flare up. It is a little sore now, but would be the same had I done anything.

Need to work on my brain though, as was very cautious on corners. And I kept questioning my body position; not wanting to lean against the turn causing more lean and tipping over, not wanting to lean with and tip over, and not wanting to do nothing as then I am doing one or the other.

Could not have been that bad though as the only time I annoyed someone into overtaking was by doing 30 on a straight road in a built-up area.

Pretty uneventful overall, just one bad junction where I turned way too wide using too much throttle to hear it, need to get used to that. And someone had handed in the bag for me to collect on my way home.