WHAT HAPPENED TO ALI.............

On Friday 31/3/2006, Ali, Jason (with pillon K) and I left Ace at around 11.40pm heading to Soho. It was raining before we left and the rain started to ease as we were leaving. We took the A406 to hanger lane then joined the A40 heading towards central London.

As we passed the final offslip (Paddington turn off), Ali was in lane 1 with an MPV in front of him. I was way ahead of him and Jason was in lane 2 behind him. Ali did his lifesaver check and started to pull out into lane 2 to overtake the MPV.

As he came across lane 2, for some reason he went too much to the right and clipped the kerb on the central reservation which made his bike upright and Ali started fighting the bike but it somehow pushed him into the railings on the central reservation. He started sliding along the railings then came to a rest on the tarmac after he parted with the bike.

Jason stopped behind him straight away and so did the traffic behind. I was way ahead and suddenly realised there was no traffic behind me, I looked in my mirror and saw Ali’s headlight facing sideways on the road. I stopped immediately on the hard shoulder and ran back to Ali.

Jason called the emergency services straight away and then we (Jason, K, me and the other car drivers) all started tending to Ali as he was conscious. The first ambulance that was at the scene was an off-duty ambulance heading the other direction and saw the traffic stop so put his blues on and stopped the ambulance on the fast lane and came to help. Two other ambulances appeared a few minutes later.

The paramedics worked on Ali for about 20 minutes and then took him to St Mary’s hospital in Paddington. I was with the police at the scene for over an hour and a half after Ali left as they were carrying out their investigations and were talking to me about the accident.

I then rode to St Mary’s and was told that Ali was conscious which was a good sign but had a lot of injuries. I was told that I wouldn’t be allowed to see him as only family would was allowed. The officer at the hospital told me he would call me with an update.

After I got home, I got a call from the officer telling me that Ali was being taken to the operating theatre. I went to sleep thinking Ali had a lucky escape.

When I woke up the next morning I missed a lot of phone calls on my mobile. My phone rang again, I answered it and it was a police officer asking me, ‘Have had an update on Ali’s condition?’ I said no. He then said ‘Ahhh’, as soon as he said that I knew something was wrong. He asked to meet him at my nearest police station. I got ready to go and meet the officer. I received another phone call from a friend who had the latest update and he told me that Ali sadly lost his fight and didn’t make it. My heart sank!

What made him veer across too much to the right? Was it a cross wind? Was it his tyre started spinning? Was it target fixation? Who knows? Neither Jason or I could answer the question so speculation about it is simply not helping and is infact pissing me and Jason off, as only Ali could tell us what it was.

We found out that Ali had no head injuries but had a lot of injuries especially internally.

Sadly we lost Ali, a 20 year old with a real zest for life and such a promising future. He absolutely loved his SV650 with custom shotgun renegade exhausts. There are so many questions that remain unanswered and a lot of regrets too but one thing is for sure we’ve lost a good friend and a fellow rider.

Be careful and ride safe everyone.

Rest In Peace Ali.

Thank-you for sharing what I can only imagine to be a traumatic set of memories Snap. It’s good to have some clarification on what happened, so hopefully we can all take away something from it. Snap, I wish you all the best in dealing with the scene you were no doubt presented, it must have taken a toll on you as well. Our thoughts are with you and Jason, and pillion as well.

– note –

I would just like to remind people that further speculation or discussion on the circumstances involving Ali’s death would be deeply inappropriate on the site, as there are a number of people grieving. This is a valued member of our community and we must respect his passing away. Any posts raising further questions or speculation about what Snap has discussed here will be removed without warning. I hope everyone understands. Thank-you.

R.I.P Ali.

RIP ALI, sleep well brother the pain is over now. Snap my thoughts are with you and Jason and obviously Ali’s family at this bleak time.

“I’m not afraid of death. It’s the stake one puts up in order to play the game of life.” ~Jean Giraudoux, Amphitryon, 1929

Thanks for the update Snap.

My heart goes out to you and all involved.

M

It is sad to see one so young taken from our midst.

It is we the living that have to cope with the hole that is left by the passing.

God speed to Ali.

Ride safe and prosper one and all!

My thoughts go out to you all, i can’t even begin to imagine how you all must be feeling, what a very tragic loss at such an age.

Take care, our thoughts are with you all…

RIP Ali.

Thank you very much for letting us know what happened. Those that witnessed it must be very shaken and will probably never get over it. We will obviously now never know exactly what caused the accident but we can pray that Ali is now in a better place after being cruelly taken from here and at such an early age.

Thank you very much Sam! I will always be one phone call away from you… please do it.

RIP Ali my friend…

thank you sam.

RIP Ali.

I didn’t realise poor Ali was so young. What a terrible tragedy, words can’t express how I feel and what Ali’s family & friends must be going through, my heart goes out to them.

Justine xx

Sam,

Thanks for filling us in. Likewise, if there’s anything I can do to help you, K or Jason … just give me a call night or day. I’ve emailed you my mobile number.

Take it easy dude.

RIP Ali

thank you letting us know what happened. so young what can you say this is a very sad time R.I.P

Sam,

Thanks for fillin us all in, Jay thanks for your strong line on this topic.

Again, my thoughts are with his friends and fammily.

Dan

RIP Ali.

See you soon Sam. Must have been hard to see it let alone write it down.

To recount that and do it in detail so soon is nothing short of F**king Brave…well done mate and Thank you very much for the effort you went to getting that down, Love and Luck to Ya !!

fair play for letting us all know, total respect to you

RIP Ali

Been away for a week and never knew Ali but im so so sorry to hear this news RIP Ali and my love goes out to his family.

ITS ALLWAYS SAD 2 HEAR OF A FELLOW BIKER THATS LOST HIS LIFE LETS HOPE HES IN A BETTER PLACE R.I.P ALI

Terrible news…for everyone involved. So young.

Full measures of respect for you for being strong/brave enough to let everyone know what happened and ensure that the “the record is straight.”

Best wishes from Kansas to Ali’s family and friends in this, their time of need.

Thank you Sam very much for letting us know what happened.I know it must have been very hard for you to write this my thoughts are with you and of course his family take care my friend remember it can help to talk to other people about it, so if it gets bad we are all here if you need us Mate