what do you think

between 350 and 400?

EM

300 to 400 is what I would expect for something like that at my dealers.

Well i just paid £315 for a 7500 mile service on my 1098.

So i would expect less than £300

was that inluding vat?

I’m still gob smacked at £75 for sparkplugs when you’ve got the bike denuded for the service already.

At that sort of charge rate, £500?

Denuded - you don’t hear that word very often

Guess about £450

BREAKING NEWS:

See Mole’s post about getting a service in Kennington - bearing in mind you might need to compare levels of “services” to get a real comparison

Denuded - you don’t hear that word very often

True, but what else is succinct and accurate?

(Now explain the difference between “shew” and “show”. Both pronounced the same.)

That’s the what a good council estate schooling gave me.

I still reckon £500 if, what, £20 worth of plugs cost that much to swap.

410 - vat

i suppose the price was cool but im still out on the 75. need to check this apparently they were special sparks for the cbr.

Not that special, so bo**ocks.

:smiley:

Strewth, does your bum still hurt ? :slight_smile: That’s seriously expensive. £75 for plugs is incredible. Stock, basic plugs are £3 each, nicer plugs are maybe £5, even the NGK Iridium plugs I bought for my 6 are only £7 each from Jersey or £10 from the UK. I wonder how they justify that margin ? Even my local Kwak dealer only charges £9 for a plug and that’s inc vat, top retail rate and £45+vat per hour labour.

IM GOING BACK TODAY AND I’LL ASK WHAT PLUGS THEY USED.

Ask if they have some up their arse, or if you have a 7 cylinder bike… £75 is steep for 4 Plugs “Special” or not. It sounds like their “Special” is lets see what this guy will pay.

Also does it really take 3 and a half hours to service a bike?

What garage is this?

APPAERNTLY CBR 6 RR’S ARE A BAST**D TO SERVICE. THE ONLY THING I WAS PISSED AT WAS THE FACT THAT HE SAID BRING IT AT 9, I GAVE HIM 4 HOURS THEN I RETURNED TO FING THEY HADNT EVEN STARTED.

Almost all modern bikes are a bit of a bast*d to service so three and a half hours doesn’t surprise me.

You took it in at 9:00 and they hadn’t started by 1:00? Sounds like any garage to me. They all think we’ve nothing to do except pander to them and we all enjoy kicking our heals in sh*tty bits of London/suburbia or some one horse town in the boondocks.

At least In-Moto in Croydon leant me a Shiver demo bike for the day. And I love the slightly chaotic Italians.

I took my bike into Fast Lane in Tonbridge after binning it a Virves accident and ferking the front end up more thna it was already.

They spent 20 minutes getting it all aligned and charged me sweet FA, absolute top geezers if your ever stuffed and down that way check them out.

BTW it’s not the first time I’ve been in and they have done work for nothing, just compleate upfront bikers that care