What did you fail on?

I passed my DAS first time but did not get through the cbt in one day had to go back and do another half a day after running in to the back of the the guy teaching me.

Heh yup I’m a muppet…

It was all going so well until we stopped to do the u-turn. On a hill in the p1ssing rain.

‘Could you dismount the motorcycle and push it across the road in a u-turn before re-mounting and riding another u-turn to return to your original position please’.

‘Nae bother big man’ says I… Checks both ways, set off pushing the bike across the road, stand on wet grate, fall flat on my 4rse with the bike on top of me. Could I get the b’stard off? Could I feck. And I swear I could hear laughing in the earpiece. At least a guffaw.

So anyway after 5mins of struggle I extricate myself, push the bike across the road. Ride a spot on u-turn and come to halt.

‘Thank-you, would you like to proceed down the road and take your next right’.

This manouvre was happily achieved before his next comment ‘and now could you cancel your indicator’.

‘BAST4RDFCUKINGTOSSB1TCHTW4T’ (Good thing the radios are one-way or I don’t think he’d have let me continue). I was so flustered after dropping the bike I forgot to cancel the damn indicator. Doh.

And when we got back I got the expected ‘sorry to tell you…’ and failed on the indicator. Didn’t even mention me lying in the road… tsk.

Hope that cheers you up, in retrospect it makes me laugh. Nailed it second time round with 2 minors for undue hesitation. Doh.

pmsl - think we have the best post of the day!

ahh the joys of wanting to kill the guy when he says sorry youve failed

i failed my first one as i went to turn left out of the test centre road a car pasted it was raining i left a big enough gap and no he said i was too close

2nd time i got nodded on by another bigger as i was waiting to turn onto a minor road then he went straight towards me failed again

passed on the 3rd time no minors

i passed first time…

i know a good few who havent, seems to be the u-turn that catchs out most?

Failed first time by leaving an indicator on after waiting an age to turn right at a junction, white van pulled out in front of me, I gave him a toot while he was doing so, at which point I heard “you can turn off your indicator now”

Second time, foot down on U turn, first time I’d done so since getting the hang of it, but the examiner was a bit of a tool. Made me do my U turn halfway up a hill, so was knackered after pushing it up and round, then almost round lost my focus a little, wobbled put foot down, aced both tests apart from that.

I passed in the pouring rain third time round, with two minors. Thought I was going to fluff the U turn again, because of another learner driver messing around at the end of the road, was a little unsteady going round but examiner let me off because of that.

i will either cheer you up or make you cry.

i failed on leaving the indicator on from 1 corner/turn to another, now heres the thing, in the old days they didnt follow youon the bike the were on feet, they would run to the next corner to try and surprise you, lol.

Sorry people i passed both my bike and car tests first time of asking :wink:

Failed first time on a Yamaha 125, on the pre run i told the instructor there was something wrong with the indicator on left hand side, and the bike was stalling, that i was having to rev it too much before pulling off or it will cut out…he said it was my “nerves”…so on i go to the test, and struggled with the switch for the indicator, had to keep knocking it, (try paying attention to the road and look at the damn indicator when your learning, let alone having a test!), and then got to a set of traffic lights ( a BIG set i might add) and …the bike stalled. Instructor said he was pleased i didnt panic and that i got the bike to the other side of the road safely before starting it up again but he had to fail me for not being in control of my bike…yeh whatever…was gutted cos nothing else went wrong and this wasnt my fault.So, put in for my test again and this time did it on a 500, and passed. That was about 11 yrs ago now :slight_smile: Car i passed first time, after a weeks lessons (err, but i had been driving in my car a while beforehand, booked a set of lessons and had the test same week)…actually i quite enjoyed my car test, everything that could happen to me did…it was raining, a dog ran out in front of me, a women walked out in front of me, a car pulled out without stopping as i was passing…all the sort of things you need when ur a learner on a test!..but i did it…:wink:

I had the same u-turn trouble… did a good dozen before each test without any problems, came to the test and nerves got to me. Third time lucky as they say.

Jason

i was thinking smarmy git, then i looked at mine and it says car, bike, coach and truck. no problem:cool:

Wot, no plane? :smiley:

saving for the helicopter:hehe:

lololololololololHa - had me going on that one!As it happens, on my test, we were going round a big roundabout that had almost every exit separated by traffic lights. We (the examiner and I) got red lighted at the exit before the one we were due to turn off on and I was on the inside lane and I looked over and he was in the outside lane, so I tooted him and pointed to the next exit (basically saying are we going down that one?) and he said in my earpiece, No, the next one, so he was in the wrong lane :DBy the way, do we have a member in need of a name change? CalaMel???